Fireworks & Animals is Bad

I bought Thundershirts for two of my dogs.  They definitely help calm them during a thunderstorm.  I haven't tried them with fireworks.   

We tried the Thundershirts during last night's festivities and they seemed to help with the fireworks as they do with thunder. 

Found out the hard way yesterday.  We live out in the country on 15 acres and few neighbors.  I had still planned on bringing in my two dog before dark to be safe.  No one on our hill top every shoots anything off but we have new neighbors this year.  These guys set off what sounded like WW3 about an hour before dark, both of my dogs took off.  One came back after an hour or so but our family dog of the last 7 years is still missing after 25 hours.  Needless to say the family is pretty upset, we've had her since my youngest son was one, he doesn't remember a time without her.  It was rough walking the mountain today with my two boys listening to them calling for her.   Still hoping she'll show up.  I can assure you that my animals will spend the whole holiday weekend in the garage next year.  

[URL=http://s136.photobucket.com/user/pitt2magic/media/graciepark_zps2b2fc986.jpg.html]graciepark_zps2b2fc986.jpg[/URL]

Bummer, hope your critters find their way home. We couldn't get our dog out of the house. We had family over and we all were out watching the neighbors shoot fireworks, letting the little kids play with sparklers, and shooting a few bottle rockets and such. I think the dog spent the evening hiding under the bed.

My wife has been up until a few minutes ago (3AM) when our dog started tapping on the door. Thank God and I hope every one else's dog comes back too.

Glad to hear your dog got back home safely.

Found my dog today. Went passing out fliers and a couple said that a guy had brought her by their place looking for the owners. Told us exactly where we could find her. She was very well taken care of during her 3 nights away from home.

Edited by pitt2magic
  • Like 4

Found my dog today. Went passing out fliers and a couple said that a guy had brought her by there place looking for the owners. Told us exactly where we could find her. She was very well taken care of during her 3 nights away from home.

:up:  :up: Glad to hear it!