Amazing Wal-Mart Experience

Oh Shoot

Give it a week and try again

^^^^^
THIS.  :rofl:  :rofl:

New Kroger opened up out in Franklin earlier this year. First trip with the wife, employees were falling all over themselves asking us if they could help us; cashier smiling and very friendly.

FF a couple of months later. I went in one evening to pick up a few things, couldn't find a soul anywhere. Got to the checkout and the cashier was yawning and acted like he didn't give a rip.

I'm done with that place.

Edited by daddyo

So when I shop at local stores like Walmart and other places, I mainly want the store to be well stocked, laid out in a logical manner, and completely free of expensive sales associates with the exception of the checkout or customer service areas. I don't need or want their help most of the time, thus I don't want to be paying more for my items to fund the paid help which is normally only used by the minority high maintenance customers, many of whom don't end up purchasing locally anyway. Like it or not, the days of the mom-and-pop stores and Mayberry RFD are long gone.

I agree.  Most of the time I don't need help.  When I do its only help with finding it in the store, then I just want them to point or tell me.  I hate when I have to follow them and then go into telling them the story of "what are you using this for".

As I am often deep in thought, I get annoyed when people ask me if they can help me find something (or similar) out of the blue. Especially since when I do decide that I need some help, they suddenly evaporate or are busy having managed to foist their helpfulness on someone to polite to blow them off.

Youse guys are always quite the hoot!

Yeah, just a bit North, like 3 x 22! Could be they were worried I was gonna drop dead in their store any minute, I guess, so gave me extra attention. ;)

Now I'm picturing the final scene from "Logan's Run" ;)

vlcsnap-2012-01-29-18h33m33s129.png

Did the seafood department carry "Fish, and plankton, and sea greens and protein from the sea."? Edited by tnguy
  • Like 1
So when I shop at local stores like Walmart and other places, I mainly want the store to be well stocked, laid out in a logical manner, and completely free of expensive sales associates with the exception of the checkout or customer service areas.

Which is why I shop at Target.  :)

I went to this Walmart on Saturday after the UT open practice, we were there around 10pm that night and on the way in 2 college age males strolled out with 40+ cases of natty light. I said well looks to be a good weekend. 

I intentionally avoided WallyWorld on Sunday because I knew the crowds would tick me off. Instead I went to the Dollar General Market and got everything I could have gotten at the big W. It was a pleasant experience.  :woohoo:

I get better customer service at Hardee's than I do at Walmart.  Then again, WM doesn't want to sell me a Texas BBQ Thickburger dripping with sauce and a side of large fries.  The most conversation I get at Walmart is from the sporting goods employees who want to know what life's like in the woods.  I was wearing my OU Sooner t-shirt in there the other day and the guy acted like I came from Alaska.