m1 or clone

none

Having a hard time making a choice would really love to have a M1a but having lived near Illinois I have seen the effects of their pollitics and I just can not justify supporting that state even in directly thus I can not justify buying a new Springfield product. So I guess that either leaves an import or if any one knows of a used one in the area?

I applaud your convictions, but it seems counter productive to penalize the manufacturer.

I know but I just cant justify having some on my money filter back to that state. I look at companies like Berretta and will support them all day long. Understanding that its difficult to pack up and move. But none the less I just cant compromise on that one.
  • Like 1

I know but I just cant justify having some on my money filter back to that state. I look at companies like Berretta and will support them all day long. Understanding that its difficult to pack up and move. But none the less I just cant compromise on that one.

Get a used one, your money will only support the seller, problem solved.

Any one know about the ones made by postal meter?

Are you looking for an M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, or M1A? 

Those are three different rifles.

National Postal Meter is M1 Carbine.  Your thread title asks about M1 but your 1st post indicates M1A.

I wouldn't buy a Springfield M1A period.  I have two friends that have them, both NM and neither is a great shoot rifle.  Also one of them as been diagnosed as having a faulty heat treatment.  Since my friend bought it used, the warrenty is void.  I've heard good things about the Enterprise and LRB M14s, but they are more expensive.

Are you looking for an M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, or M1A? 

Those are three different rifles.

National Postal Meter is M1 Carbine.  Your thread title asks about M1 but your 1st post indicates M1A.

Would like an m1a but as I dug into it looks like a m1 carbine might be an option. Based on some of the reviews I read kahrs version would be out.

I wouldn't buy a Springfield M1A period.  I have two friends that have them, both NM and neither is a great shoot rifle.  Also one of them as been diagnosed as having a faulty heat treatment.  Since my friend bought it used, the warrenty is void.  I've heard good things about the Enterprise and LRB M14s, but they are more expensive.

Good to know looks like not every one stands behind their products like Ruger?