air gun shooting in clarksville city limits

Guest tangojuliet

Guest tangojuliet

ok i have my self a crossman 2100 and 3.2 acres inside clarksville city limits and i cant find  the ordinances on shooting air guns heck even firearms ( i know no discharge of firearms in city limits ......i think )in side clarksville city limits any one know .. 

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clarksville has some large tracts of land that I have been told are legal to hunt, rifle and all. But I have not seen anything in writing, I have, allegedly, used my pellet rifle in my back yard and it's not even an acre.

Edit: speeling Edited by Omega

In my searches I have found that Clarksville only has a noise ordinance: ordinance 10-2012-13, while Montgomery County has codes related to discharging firearms in parks and other codes which have been proposed having to do with range operations.  While I don't think there would be any issue using your air rifle in your back yard, it would not hurt calling the Sheriffs dept and/or Clarksville PD to be totally legal.

?? Basic search for "clarksville, tn municipal code"  finds:

https://www.municode.com/library/tn/clarksville

to specifically:

https://library.municode.com/index.aspx?clientId=10557

Is also link off Clarksville's Home Page at:

http://www.cityofclarksville.com

Can't peruse it on dialup very fast, so didn't look into the issue in thread.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

I did a little searching through their codes, which are harder to read than the state laws, but it seems they have it covered under the anti noise regulations. It doesn't say you can't shoot but you can't produce impulse noise, code states a gun shot is, higher than a certain noise level.  I would think an pellet gun or bb gun wouldn't come close to that so I don't see how you would have a problem.

Guest tangojuliet

This made me think someone got shot with an air gun, or used an air gun to do something stupid then got shot by someone else. Glad to see that's not the case

No no just trying to find the law /reg on it