Opening Morning

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't you be listening to the ruffling leaves vs. checking the internet. 

I haven't deer hunted in 15 years.  Didn't have small internet devices back then, but I did always bring one of those handheld poker or blackjack video games on mute.  I must have played 10,000 hands each hunting trip.  I have seen the royal flush at least once per hunting trip.  If you know anything about cards, even those cheezy video games, thats like 1:20,000 hands or something. 

Good luck!

I was set up in the tree at 5:30am.

Squirrels were CRAZY.

Heard lots of critters and at least two 'bigger than a rodent' noises were just in the thick woods where I couldn't see anything at about 8:00.

Stayed in the tree until 9:30

Went back out to another spot at 4:30p to dark...just saw a fox, a skunk and a few hundred squirrels.

It was a fun day any way.

I'm out of town for a week and will hit the woods again then!

I missed opening day in TN, as I was in Indiana.  I still went and sat in my favorite stand since I had some time before a family gathering.  after 20 minutes of sitting, a 5 pointer and a 12 pointer came out and fed 15 yards in front of me(didn't do anything to cover my scent and was wearing a dirty, greasy work jacket), it was so hard to watch that deer and not shoot it.  It wasn't deer season yet, maybe he will be there next time I am up there. 

The only thing I got was poison ivy...and saw what I figure to be the worlds largest possum attempt to get out of a tree. To be exact, it was the tree I was sitting in. It made it to about 6 feet above me before I sensed something and then quickly responded to its hissing! Down I went and headed home after that

The only thing I got was poison ivy...and saw what I figure to be the worlds largest possum attempt to get out of a tree. To be exact, it was the tree I was sitting in. It made it to about 6 feet above me before I sensed something and then quickly responded to its hissing! Down I went and headed home after that

Here is one - pretty impressive - headfirst, right down the side....slowly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9xKcxNpVjs