What's the point?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike,

Benefits imho would be the ability to have shoulder fired rifle power in a compact size for CQB

However for that same $200 stamp you can get a transferable machine gun (which is the route im takin)

Its not a one stamp per person deal either. You need a separate stamp per each NFA purchase. SBR's, Silencers, and Machine Guns are all a $200 tax stamp. AOW's ("any other weapon"-smooth bore pistols aka short shotties with no shoulder stock, pen guns, etc) are only $5.00 :-D

Heres my AOW

870aowhi1.th.jpg

Hope this helps (mods please edit any misinformation)

Edited by Magiccarpetrides
info and pic

Yep, CQB and good looks lol.

But another question, not to hijack or anything, I was told by a guy at the range the other day that if you have a tax stamp for a full auto, you can SBR it without another tax stamp. True? False? Insane??? It's tempting to do it that way once I have the $$$ for a registered auto receiver and such, if this is in fact true.

• Administrator

CQB, the CDI [chicks dig it] factor and the fact that somewhere, some bureaucrat passed a law saying that a short barrel was a menace to society and that I as a freedom loving American should not be allowed to own one. For me it's a lawfully executed, politically motivated FINGER in the face of Nancy Pelosis and Brady Groups everywhere.

Yep, CQB and good looks lol.

But another question, not to hijack or anything, I was told by a guy at the range the other day that if you have a tax stamp for a full auto, you can SBR it without another tax stamp. True? False? Insane??? It's tempting to do it that way once I have the $$$ for a registered auto receiver and such, if this is in fact true.

Roger that.

Once you have a transferable machine gun, you can have any barrel length you wish without any additional taxes or paperwork.

If you wish to install a suppressor, you WILL need to complete the necessary paperwork and pay the required taxes, since these are not tied to a host gun, but are considered unique firearms by the ATF.

Roger that.

Once you have a transferable machine gun, you can have any barrel length you wish without any additional taxes or paperwork.

If you wish to install a suppressor, you WILL need to complete the necessary paperwork and pay the required taxes, since these are not tied to a host gun, but are considered unique firearms by the ATF.

Sweet, now I just need to save up some serious dough. Thanks Joe.

Guest gcrookston

Since I'm not a cool guy and don't need any cool stuff, I have no reason for an SBR. Although the SBSG Joe stuck in my hands the other week, left an impression (would you shoot a 12" shotgun with a full or modified choke?)