Guest Todd@CIS

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Verbal Kint

Wtf nipple on the back... ;)

For the price of that, I'd rather send whatever Glock I had to Boresight Solutions for their redux + stipple. Still planning on sending mine that way, but it got pushed to the back burner temporarily. Talk to Ben, who owns Boresight, periodically (another ex-AF guy... tacp, if I remember correctly) and he's an awesome guy.

Guest Verbal Kint
That would be the switch for the laser.

Ahh... yeah, that makes sense. Thanks.

Would have been more inclined to buy one, though, if it was a nipple. ;)

Guest Verbal Kint
I'm not interested in the product, but I wonder what one does about the missing serial number?

I would assume it's registered as a firearm, like any other lower receiver. You're basically buying a new "gun" and then putting your slide/barrel/etc onto it. Just like the already-available aluminum frames for Glocks. The new lowers are serialized already.

• Administrator

I'd have to see one in person before passing judgment. It seems that they borrowed a lot of the design concepts that made the M&P automatics more ergonomic than the Glock. This is a good thing for Glock fans, but the M&P is still a better cost value.

• Administrator
If they work...

...sorry, I can't resist. ;)

hateraid_small.jpg

Not to totally jack up this thread, but the reports from Camp M&P Lovin' are that the .45ACP versions are insanely reliable for some reason whereas the 9mm versions are still the ones with the highest incident of problems out of the box. Could be that the 9mm are just more popular, etc.

I'm definitely not in love with my M&P 9L. I am tempted to trade it in for an M&P 45 4-inch with thumb safety. Of course we know what I carry every day and trust my life to. Glock all the way. :bowrofl:

Guest Todd@CIS

Yeah, a brand's quality many times is not equal across the caliber board. I love Glocks, but the G21 is one of their most problematic in the line-up.

In the XD line, the .45ACP seems to be one of their more problem-free guns. Ours run pretty good (when not using +P ammo). As our XD armorer, the main problems I see with our XDs is finicky mags (won't feed when dirty) and mag releases jamming up.

In the XD line, the .45ACP seems to be one of their more problem-free guns. Ours run pretty good (when not using +P ammo). As our XD armorer, the main problems I see with our XDs is finicky mags (won't feed when dirty) and mag releases jamming up.

RCSO uses .45 XD's?

Guest Todd@CIS
RCSO uses .45 XD's?

No.

My Dept issues...

G22/G23 to Patrol (officer choice)

G27 to defectives (oops, I'm mean detectives...sorry Dustin)

XD45 Service to SWAT

I don't mean to be cryptic, but I do not name my agency here or on our website. That way, I have more latitude to express my opinions on related subjects.

Guest Verbal Kint
not available for the 23.. lame.

Not yet.

A G19/23/32 sized frame will be available, as well, but the G17/22/31 size will be the first one released. They've also said the G20/21 size will be produced.

Of course...for all that money you spend on an alloy frame you still have to use a plastic guide rod:rolleyes:

METAL RECOIL RODS – we strongly recommend against the use of any metal recoil rod, including those containing a laser aiming device. Your original Glock® recoil guide rod was fabricated from plastic because of it’s ability to flex – a non-flexing recoil rod will affect the harmonics of the slide’s cycling and will damage your frame! If you need to tune the recoil spring rate for faster cycling, etc, your original Glock® rod can be used, simply remove the capture plug at the front end, and use the rod with your new spring uncaptured (we will be releasing a capitive polymer guide rod soon). A metal recoil guide rod, will bounce repeatedly, into the bottom of the dust cover in the area of the channel where the slide lock bar spring (aka takedown bar spring) resides, and peen the edges of the channel inward limiting how high that spring can return, until it cannot raise the slide lock bar high enough to engage the slide. The results are shown in the below photo – how that slide did not launch downrange…..

why_not_metal_rods.jpg

The after market frames allow options in the grip angle and such..which is really the only thing that bothers me about the Glock. If you just trained with Glocks it wouldn't be an issue as your muscle memory would just adapt to the Glocks grip angle...but I have other toys I like to take to the range...throw a Glock in the mix and I have to readjust. Im going to actually give the M&P one more try as the "issues" are supposedly fixed. But even then they still dont make a G19 sized one which really bothers me! If the M&P winds up working flawless...I may have bowie make one of these...but Im not getting my hopes up yet.

SG_M_P_for_web-465x292.jpg

Guest Verbal Kint
Of course...for all that money you spend on an alloy frame you still have to use a plastic guide rod:rolleyes:

Hmm.

As long as Glocks have been around... and as long as metal guide rods have been on the market, and people have used them... I've never seen that issue reported anywhere. And the Glock crew are a bunch of paranoid Kool-Aid drinkers... if that was a common problem, they'd definitely be posting the same thread a billion times over on the message forums. These are the same ppl that think it's a sin to completely field strip the lower receiver more than once in it's lifetime, due to the pins wearing out the guide holes.

Sounds more like an isolated incident, or a problem with LW's design. :rolleyes:

These are the same ppl that think it's a sin to completely field strip the lower receiver more than once in it's lifetime, due to the pins wearing out the guide holes.

LOL, I know the ones you're talking about. I detail strip mine three or four times a year, but the pins don't fall out yet.

:rock: