Rem 1100 20 Ga.

Lowpower

I ran across one the other day and almost bought it but I really have no idea what the 20's have been selling for lately. 

Anyone have any idea of their value? It's just a standard, not ribbed, with the usual character marks. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all.

Lp

Do you know if it is a lightweight or a standard? There are two different versions on the lightweight, both built on a 28g frame. The standard is built on a 12g frame. The LW is the early model starting ~1971 and the LT later replaced the LW. The major difference is a longer barrel tang on the LT. Getting LW barrels at a decent price is hard. Most replacements are running about $250 and up.

Does it have screw in or fixed choke?  

I have three 1100s and paid well south of $400 for 2 of them. The third was a new 1100 Trap that was a good bit more :) Based on the condition and the choke I would not pay more than $400 for one, but I'm cheap.

I have an LW that is really light and shoots well, but if I had to do it over again I would opt for a full sized standard for the heavier gun. The LWs felt recoil is about the same as my full sized 12g 1100s with target loads. But if you are toting it through the field all day the LW 6lb gun is nice.

• Like 1
The older ones with the white spacer between the buttplate and stock bring higher dollars. Vent ribs bring more dollars as well. Full choke, plain barrels probably bring less than any. A very nice one with vent rib barrel and open chokes would bring $600.