Fix your signatures.

Using latest FireFox for Winders, 34.0.5, I don't see anything wrong with your sig (or maybe you've "fixed" it, dunno).

I did notice one of my posts had the quote marks I had used converted to some weird ASCII or Unicode symbol (wasn't HTML code). I thought is was maybe just something odd with IP Board stuff, "fixed" it by simply editing and retyping the quotes, still shows okay.

But may well be something wonky with latest FF, as all of a sudden LexisNexis TN Code doesn't work with it, gives "Content Encoding Error" soon as you accept the terms on opening page.

- OS

edit: this should probably be moved to Feedback and Support forum

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Administrator

I hadn't noticed anything unusual but this may have been caused by the recent database conversion.  The new database format uses UTF8 character encoding, which may not mean anything to the layperson, but does mean that certain characters previously supported are not supported now.

I hadn't noticed anything unusual but this may have been caused by the recent database conversion.  The new database format uses UTF8 character encoding, which may not mean anything to the layperson, but does mean that certain characters previously supported are not supported now.

Like on the home page under "Welcome to Tennessee Gun Owners"?  ;)

Eh, didn't want it in Feedback and Support forum since it's a really easy fix for anyone. But if it it belongs there, oh well. :)

So, what is this easy fix? And what in a sig makes it go wonky to begin with? Mine look normal? (it does to me)

Edited by Oh Shoot

So, what is this easy fix? And what in a sig makes it go wonky to begin with? Mine look normal? (it does to me)

My signature had a few extra characters around the quotations and punctuation, as well as the umlaut in the one word in Tolstoy's quote. Easy fix because I just had to delete the extra characters, and readd the "ä".

My signature had a few extra characters around the quotations and punctuation, as well as the umlaut in the one word in Tolstoy's quote. Easy fix because I just had to delete the extra characters, and readd the "ä".

In Nietzche one actually, :)

That's what I did with the quote characters that went wonky in a post. Just happened to have noticed it as was re-reading last page of a thread.

Still wonder if it's not a FireFox specific interaction, though. The LexisNexis failure just appeared very recently too.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

In Nietzche one actually, :)

That's what I did with the quote characters that went wonky in a post. Just happened to have noticed it as was re-reading last page of a thread.

Still wonder if it's not a FireFox specific interaction, though. The LexisNexis failure just appeared very recently too.

- OS

:wall:  Don't know how I confused to the two, damn foreigners! (May be that Tolstoy had at least one of his books published in German first: "Das Himmelreich in euch" [never read nor quoted from] so may have been a massive brain fart.)

It may be just Firefox, dunno. I don't have or use other browsers.