Petco and Pet Smart!!!!

bersaguy

stop supporting the  companys who go overseas to save a buck and kill your pets.. make your own jerky with cheap cuts of lean meat..dogs have been domesticated for so long.. some breeds  just dont do well with dehydrated  bleached and full of chemical`s hide off some random cow..dont care if its cow penis or  horse hoof.. its just not good for the dog

stop supporting the companys who go overseas to save a buck and kill your pets.. make your own jerky with cheap cuts of lean meat..dogs have been domesticated for so long.. some breeds just dont do well with dehydrated bleached and full of chemical`s hide off some random cow..dont care if its cow penis or horse hoof.. its just not good for the dog

Agree that pet foods made or sourced from third world countries are risky, and not worth any cost savings. But cooking or making your own pet food isn't always best, as you might be missing key nutrients and ingredients necessary for their biologically balanced healthy diet.

Orijen is grown, raised, cooked, packaged and sold from Canada. They own it all including their own farms and kitchens. See http://www.orijen.ca/why-orijen/bafrino/never-outsourced/

Best Bully Sticks are also made from USA beef in the USA. See http://www.bestbullysticks.com/made-in-usa

I buy our dogs food at the same place Wiley, but I hate when they want to carry out my bag of food.

Yeah, I find that amusing because the cashier is always a little lady offering to carry out my bags and I'm a pretty big guy. But they seem intent on doing it nonetheless, so I just let them and it makes them happy. ☺

Agree that pet foods made or sourced from third world countries are risky, and not worth any cost savings. But cooking or making your own pet food isn't always best, as you might be missing key nutrients and ingredients necessary for their biologically balanced healthy diet.

Orijen is grown, raised, cooked, packaged and sold from Canada. They own it all including their own farms and kitchens. See http://www.orijen.ca/why-orijen/bafrino/never-outsourced/

Best Bully Sticks are also made from USA beef in the USA. See http://www.bestbullysticks.com/made-in-usa

I was

not talking about food.. I am talking about treats.

I have been making my own dog treats for years. My dogs love them and there is nothing in them that I wouldn't eat. Whole Wheat Flour, eggs, peanut butter, honey, milk, and baking powder, bake them in the oven. This way you pick your own products and know what's in them.

Edited by crossfire
  • Like 2

I have been making my own dog treats for years. My dogs love them and there is nothing in them that I wouldn't eat. Whole Wheat Flour, eggs, peanut butter, honey, milk, and baking powder, bake them in the oven. This way you pick your own products and know what's in them.

My ex makes this same recipe and the dogs do love it. Not sure how healthy it is for them re: flour, sugars, carbs, etc. but for the occasional treat it should be fine. I was able to buy some of these for only $4 per 10 lb. bag a few months ago and I use them for variety.