Recommend a local fighting rifle course.

I am new to the AR game and am looking for a class. I have taken a few advance handgun classes but have not had any instruction whatsoever on using a fighting rifle. I will admit I learned alot about different handgun tactics off of youtube but that took a few years of trial and error until I realized some good ole' instruction was needed. I don't want a very basic "beginners" course but would want a class that goes over fundamentals and some good real world useful tactics and drills.

I am considering Tactical Response later on for more advanced stuff but right now am looking to find something where I won't need full kit. Just my AR, pistol, and basic equipment.

Personally I would start by grabbing a few training DVDs and train at home. Even YouTube can be a good resource.

90% of most training can be done without firing a shot.

Yeah this is probably what I will do before I actually attend a class. I honestly haven't had much time to devote to learning the new platform since I got it. I've only fired probably 40 rounds through it and 10 of those were my very first reloads (still have all my fingers  :up: ) but I am planning on a range trip this weekend. I think the weirdest thing is getting used to inserting the mags and dropping the bolt. I am so used to a pistol I keep wanting to rack the slide.

Any certain DVD's or youtube personalities you recommend?

The Air Force...uhh, nevermind. 

My military CQB training was run by the Army.

Anyway, Tactical Response conducts a very good Fighting Rifle class.

Flamesuit on...

Haha I won't flame you. I have heard good things about the class. I just don't want to spend quite that much starting off. Just looking to get the basics built into muscle memory then once I get better move up to the next levels. I spoke to the gentleman than runs Agapa Tactical yesterday and I think I may go with them for the basics.

Thing is i'm not really interested in doing all the team drills and room clearing and all that. Not to say it doesn't look fun and that I won't want to some day but right now I just want to be proficient with it.