My new Glock 43

pops572

Do you remember the price difference as well? I'm betting H & K didn't pass on the savings. They probably called it space age polymer and increased the cost.

Yes, I do, Glock was the classic example of the camel trying to get it's nose under the tent until the media ran the "invisible gun" stories.

Well this is weird : My brother dry fired a "Demo" Glock 43 yesterday and he said it was a lot lighter and more better than the one that we both tried at the NRA convention. It was a lot lighter trigger pull and no grittyness.  So MAYBE it does lighten up after lots of trigger action and dry-fire .

I was able to snag a pair of them today.  Really like it so far, still comfortable to carry in the pocket

And again, reports such as this generate additional interest and recommendations which promote further interest and sales. I pay far more attention to what end purchasers and users say then to "professional gun reviewers", it doesn't qualify as scientific methodology but so what?   

I'm still trying to figure out why there is so big of a  difference in  trigger pull in the two different 43's that  My brother and me tried. One at the Glock booth and one at a local gun store :confused:

Edited by tercel89

I'm still trying to figure out why there is so big of a difference in trigger pull in the two different 43's that My brother and me tried. One at the Glock booth and one at a local gun store :confused:

That happens a lot in differing lot numbers or production runs and is why you handle several examples to find the best trigger.

That happens a lot in differing lot numbers or production runs and is why you handle several examples to find the best trigger.

I won't argue that, but I have never known Glocks to be that inconsistent one gun to the next. However, M&P's are notorious for inconsistently be different one gun to the next.
  • Like 1

And again, reports such as this generate additional interest and recommendations which promote further interest and sales. I pay far more attention to what end purchasers and users say then to "professional gun reviewers", it doesn't qualify as scientific methodology but so what?   

agree, i prefer to have real world reports.  There is a lot of fluff in magazine and website reviews, esp if there is a big ad next to the article lol

Price was right at $435.99 also

Edited by COSWORTH

I agree with a lot of guns being that way but I have never known Glock to have that big of a difference. I mean the 43 at the NRA Glock Booth was like pulling the trigger of a Ruger Sp101 in double action only. Then the one here in town locally was like a regular Gen 3 G19 .

I'm still trying to figure out why there is so big of a difference in trigger pull in the two different 43's that My brother and me tried. One at the Glock booth and one at a local gun store :confused:

The ones at the NRA had been modified. All guns there had their firing pins removed.

The ones at the NRA had been modified. All guns there had their firing pins removed.

I understand that , but looks like it would have been at least a lot lighter than that. Plus the pin is held back by a spring. I'm not sure how Glock disabled their 43 but if they shortened the firing pin then that should not have made it heavier nor should taking the whole pin out .

I've had a lot of experience with the Glock product line and found variances in trigger feel but never had undue concern about such. I really don't expect the 43 to be any different and the one I handled had an OK trigger. I'd not spend time trying to fathom out why a handling only sample that's been dry fired thousands of times felt different from a later production fully functional 43.