BOL. Stolen guns.

Lost two pistols in a Cheatham CO break in about 1995 before I owned a safe,one recovered a year later from a Nashville crack house raid. About six months

and eight trips to Court,DA,Attorney,PD I got it back. I have several friends with stolen guns go to next local gun show and recover some traded on floor. One

got back 7 of 8 at a Nashville Goodman Show and the were on third owner in a week and were able to go back to original thief. They rolled it with a bunch of

other arrests and he go a whopping six mo probation. Show in Boro this weekend and they may let you sit with gun checker at front door.

Lost two pistols in a Cheatham CO break in about 1995 before I owned a safe,one recovered a year later from a Nashville crack house raid. About six months

and eight trips to Court,DA,Attorney,PD I got it back. I have several friends with stolen guns go to next local gun show and recover some traded on floor. One

got back 7 of 8 at a Nashville Goodman Show and the were on third owner in a week and were able to go back to original thief. They rolled it with a bunch of

other arrests and he go a whopping six mo probation. Show in Boro this weekend and they may let you sit with gun checker at front door.

We will have to see what was recovered so far, they were arrested one day after the break in so they may not have had a chance to move them all. These parasites will get more than 6 mounths for sure with all the other charges.

• Like 1

We will have to see what was recovered so far, they were arrested one day after the break in so they may not have had a chance to move them all. These parasites will get more than 6 mounths for sure with all the other charges.

I hope they find your brothers guns in their house but I think in many cases they have buyers lined up to flip them as soon as they get them. even if they are in their home they are still evidence and it will be a time consuming job getting them back cause you will have to wait until after court trial and then go through the red tape but in the long run, if he gets them back that will be a win for the good guys......... :up:

Actually, seems like mine had all the valuable items categories lumped into a $2500 total, but can't say for sure and have tossed the policy so can't check the wording.

Reason I fell in with SAFECO, was that State Farm messed up my separate valuable items policy; I gave them revised gun list for it, and the underwriters added them all again instead of just replacing whole list, so suddenly premium went way up. And my local agents simply couldn't (or wouldn't) get it fixed. Agents said don't pay the premium that was due until fixed, home office kept sending me cancellation notices, and then they did cancel it. Then local agents didn't really want to write another one, etc, just a total SNAFUBAR at that point.  I finally just nuked everything I had with them, and had actually had State Farm car insurance since I started driving at 16, too!

Anyway, TIS, a big independent agency here, got me fixed up with two cars and renter's for less than I was paying with SF, and with better coverage too, not even counting the extra I was paying for the valuable items policy, which was no longer necessary. Whole thing took about an hour. Gal who did the policies already knew SAFECO was "gun friendly", so she compared them right off the bat for my needs. Anyway, I do supply them with a list of them all, update via email now and then, no probs at all.

So I say again, anyone with a significant gun collection should look into SAFECO.

- OS

Well I got very specific while talking with my agent about my renters insurance policy before I purchased it. She said instead of itemizing certain items in your home do a bundle and see what kind of limit you would like to have on total over all contents. Then buy the policy based on that figure. If I have a total loss I have everything insured for $35,000.00 w/ $500.00 deductible. If I have a theft and only certain items are taken valued at less then $10,000.00 my deductible is $250.00. It is all in a bundle with my Skeeter Boat, Jeep and renters policies. Since being with this agent I have had 1 claim. I damaged my Skeeter Boat on Percy Priest by hitting a very large pile of rocks that someone had put in some water I had run through for years and never hit it. People do build piles when they draw down the lake in Winter and then go back and fish them when they raise the lake. Damage to my fiberglass was about $5,500.00. This happened on a Monday night, I called my agent on Tuesday. Got two estimates on Tuesday morning. On Tuesday afternoon with pictures on her computer along with a quote from Fast Glass Boat repair it was approved for repair and i got my boat back on following Monday.  Cannot complain at all with their service or State Farms no haggle claim handling. Fast and efficient  service.......................... :up:  Oh yea, the following year my boat policy actually came down $14.00 from previous year..... :up: :up:

Well I got very specific while talking with my agent about my renters insurance policy before I purchased it. She said instead of itemizing certain items in your home do a bundle and see what kind of limit you would like to have on total over all contents. Then buy the policy based on that figure. If I have a total loss I have everything insured for $35,000.00 w/ $500.00 deductible. If I have a theft and only certain items are taken valued at less then $10,000.00 my deductible is $250.00. It is all in a bundle with my Skeeter Boat, Jeep and renters policies. Since being with this agent I have had 1 claim. I damaged my Skeeter Boat on Percy Priest by hitting a very large pile of rocks that someone had put in some water I had run through for years and never hit it. People do build piles when they draw down the lake in Winter and then go back and fish them when they raise the lake. Damage to my fiberglass was about $5,500.00. This happened on a Monday night, I called my agent on Tuesday. Got two estimates on Tuesday morning. On Tuesday afternoon with pictures on her computer along with a quote from Fast Glass Boat repair it was approved for repair and i got my boat back on following Monday.  Cannot complain at all with their service or State Farms no haggle claim handling. Fast and efficient  service.......................... :up:  Oh yea, the following year my boat policy actually came down $14.00 from previous year..... :up: :up:

Yea, I'm sure I can find a cheaper policy, but my State Farm service rocks. In 2012 we got nailed with a hail storm. Totaled my wife's car, did thousands in damage to my truck, destroyed my roof and siding, and killed my shed's roof - over $30,000 in damage in all. No fuss at all getting everything estimated. SF inspector actually estimated more than the roofing contractor. And while my truck was in the shop, the shop called and told me that the original estimate missed some damage and they had to re-file with SF. About two seconds after I hung up with the shop, SF called and said they had already issued an approval on the updated cost.

I will be double-checking my policy due to OhShoot's comments though. I don't know what it says about valuable items, etc, so I do want to be covered.

Well I got very specific while talking with my agent about my renters insurance policy before I purchased it. She said ..

Doesn't matter what "she said" regarding this particular subject.  Look at policy.  Maybe you don't need more than $2500 for valuable items, but that's gonna be your limit if all your guns get stolen or melted. Also your diamond studded piercings and those Picassos on your wall. ;) 

Your car, boat, and normal household items have nothing to do with the separate special valuable items categories on a homeowners or rental policy. It's possible that their blanket payment formula for normal household contents would be enough to "cover" them depending on what you actually owned under the standard coverage, but claiming them specifically past the $2500 limit wouldn't be approved.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot