BOL. Stolen guns.

Earlier today my brothers house was broken into while he was at work, he lives near Pegram, he had all his guns stolen, he never kept serial numbers written down. Guns stolen were,

Full size S&W early MP or maybe a Sigma .40

Taurus model 85 blue snub nose 5 shot .38 special

Remington 30-06 semi-auto rifle, NIB, never shot I think a model 750

Reming .22 semi-auto tubular magizine, checkered walnut stock, model 552

Winchester pump 12 guage, long barrell, walnut stock and forearm

CVA inline muzzle loader with scope

Cheapo Davis .380, black matt finish

Cheapo Raven .25

1905 Colt Police .38 short, most of the finish is gone and it's in an old leather holster.

There were two other burgleries in his area in the last month, one person took a picture of an old white pickup.

I know it's a long shot if anyone here comes across anyone trying to sell any of these models. I really hope they catch this piece of human garbage or better yet I hope he breaks into the wrong house and ends up on the floor strangling on blood. You can't imagine how pissed off I am right now.

Edited by K191145

Holy crap, that sucks!!! I hope they catch the trash too and that everyone gets their property back. Sorry to hear it

I wish he would have written down serial numbers but we gave the deputy a good description of all of them, I knew more about his guns than he did. When he was on vacation a while back I was the one who cleaned them. This parasite will be caught some day but by then his guns will probably be long gone. They have to stake you out knowing when you will be gone. They didn't take anything else but some scrap gold he had in a jewlery box.

Edited by K191145

Yeah, without serial numbers there isn't much of anything that can be done.

Which is a great reminder for anyone that doesn't keep a list of serial numbers to start one. I keep it saved in three separate emails and a hard copy.

Yeah, without serial numbers there isn't much of anything that can be done.

Which is a great reminder for anyone that doesn't keep a list of serial numbers to start one. I keep it saved in three separate emails and a hard copy.

+1. If he bought them at FFL dealers you might try contacting them to see if they can help you retrieve some of the serial numbers. Without the numbers it will be next to impossible to report them as stolen & track them down. I always keep an updated list of serial numbers including the guns I've traded & sold locked up in a filing cabinet for this reason. Best of luck & I hope they catch the POS.

Edited by luvmyberetta

+1. If he bought them at FFL dealers you might try contacting them to see if they can help you retrieve some of the serial numbers. Without the numbers it will be next to impossible to report them as stolen & track them down. I always keep an updated list of serial numbers including the guns I've traded & sold locked up in a filing cabinet for this reason. Best of luck & I hope they catch the POS.

He can get the numbers from the 30-06 and probably the .22, most others were private sales. And the old Colt New Police in .38 short would probably be identifiable.

I generally take pictures of the serial number of newly purchased guns, especially if I plan on vehicle carry.

I try to generally do the same... I keep pictures of all my guns and serial numbers in my phone and in at least 1 if not 2 USB pocket drives...

Here,s the Colt Police Positive .38  I looked up the serial number on a data base once and traced it to the year 1905 but I don't have the number on file. This gun should be pretty identifiable.

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JMH42/media/Colt%2038%20Police%20Positive._zpsjca4m7tv.jpg.html]Colt%2038%20Police%20Positive._zpsjca4m7[/URL]

I keep multiple copies and pictures of my guns, serial numbers, etc.

I even take a picture of the gun with receipt and SN# visible together when I can.

One place I keep the numbers and pictures is my iPhone, iPad and desktop PC's.

Another is the safe.

Last place is a paper copy I keep in my wallet of just the serial numbers.

I save all gun and accessories receipts in a fire proof safe as well.

So if someone actually gets one, which would be pretty difficult, it would be reported immediately as stolen. Edited by JohnC

"UPDATE"

My brother left me a voicemail and said they caught the parasites who broke into his home and stole his guns, on something else. He didn't give any details, i'll talk to him later tonight. He hopes to recover some of his guns.

My hope is that they are already convicted felons facing many charges for breaking into his home and whatever they were busted on. I want to go to their sentencing hearing or trial to look them in the face and smirk, give a little wave bye bye to them when they are led out of the court room to jail.

• Like 1

"UPDATE"

My brother left me a voicemail and said they caught the parasites who broke into his home and stole his guns, on something else. He didn't give any details, i'll talk to him later tonight. He hopes to recover some of his guns.

My hope is that they are already convicted felons facing many charges for breaking into his home and whatever they were busted on. I want to go to their sentencing hearing or trial to look them in the face and smirk, give a little wave bye bye to them when they are led out of the court room to jail.

Glad they caught them. Same thing happened to me two years ago, and I've never heard a peep about any of my guns (I had a list of all the serial numbers).

Same thing happened to me back in 1988 and I gave the Sheriffs deputy a list of every type of gun and Serial Numbers and to this day not one has surfaced any place. I check with Cheatham County Sheriffs office once a month and my grandson is a deputy there and he also checks on them often.  

This is really disturbing.  Home owners / Apartment insurance can usually be expanded to cover the value of guns.

My car was broken into years ago.  They broke the window and took the stereo.  This was before smart phones.  They stole my Day Timer.

I get a call about 6 months later.  The police pulled a guy over with a car full of stuff which appeared to be stolen.

My Day Timer with business cards was in there.  They were able to clearly identify stolen material because of that Day Timer.

We often don't get justice when thieves strike, so I thought you all would appreciate this.

Edited by Pete123

This is really disturbing.  Home owners / Apartment insurance can usually be expanded to cover the value of guns.

One word: SAFECO.  Firearms are in the overall coverage, no separate valuable items policy required past the $2500 or so that most policies only cover.

- OS

• Like 1

My State Farm agent told me to take pictures and keep serial numbers and all of my firearms are covered under my renters policy with no top end replacement limits. So I keep all the pictures and serial numbers in my fire proof/water proof safe. ............. :up: Wish I would have had a gun safe back in 1988. My Home Owners in 1988 did pay me for all the guns that were stolen after 90 day waiting period but in all honesty I would have much rather got my guns back because many of them were irreplaceable. Either family pass downs or belonged to my dead son.................. :( 

• Like 1

They caught these punks Saturday, one day after the break in, Wednsday they shot and stabbed some dude, these punks are real scumbags and i'm sure they will spend quite some time in jail, both Nashville and Cheatham. Apparently my brother did provide a serial number, I believe the .40 S&W and that's what they identified. One of the punks lived on Sams Creek Rd. not but a few miles from my brother.

http://www.scrippsmedia.com/newschannel5/news/2-Fugitives-Captured-In-Shooting-Stabbing-On-Colt-Drive-304861121.html

• Like 1

My State Farm agent told me to take pictures and keep serial numbers and all of my firearms are covered under my renters policy with no top end replacement limits. .

I had State Farm renters policy for many years until I switched about a year and a half ago. You've posted this before, and I suggested you read your actual full length policy. I suggest the same again, as I do believe you'll find the $2500 or so on "valuable items" clause, which address jewelry, art, collectibles, firearms, and such.

Mine certainly did, and I had no way to raise those limits except taking out a separate valuable items policy. Not limited to renter's policy either, their full homeowners policies are the same.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

I had State Farm renters policy for many years until I switched about a year and a half ago. You've posted this before, and I suggested you read your actual full length policy. I suggest the same again, as I do believe you'll find the $2500 or so on "valuable items" clause, which address jewelry, art, collectibles, firearms, and such.

- OS

Yeah, just about every blanket policy I have ever ran across had a $2500 single collection coverage per classification.

Yeah, just about every blanket policy I have ever ran across had a $2500 single collection coverage per classification.

Actually, seems like mine had all the valuable items categories lumped into a $2500 total, but can't say for sure and have tossed the policy so can't check the wording.

Reason I fell in with SAFECO, was that State Farm messed up my separate valuable items policy; I gave them revised gun list for it, and the underwriters added them all again instead of just replacing whole list, so suddenly premium went way up. And my local agents simply couldn't (or wouldn't) get it fixed. Agents said don't pay the premium that was due until fixed, home office kept sending me cancellation notices, and then they did cancel it. Then local agents didn't really want to write another one, etc, just a total SNAFUBAR at that point.  I finally just nuked everything I had with them, and had actually had State Farm car insurance since I started driving at 16, too!

Anyway, TIS, a big independent agency here, got me fixed up with two cars and renter's for less than I was paying with SF, and with better coverage too, not even counting the extra I was paying for the valuable items policy, which was no longer necessary. Whole thing took about an hour. Gal who did the policies already knew SAFECO was "gun friendly", so she compared them right off the bat for my needs. Anyway, I do supply them with a list of them all, update via email now and then, no probs at all.

So I say again, anyone with a significant gun collection should look into SAFECO.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1