M249 build

173rdABN

Duh..your right, but the spent case is angled down and bouncing off the ground..

Because in order for brass to come out where it does, the extractor is not parallel to the ground, but rather at a slight angle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On a 240 the brass is ejected directly underneath, so it makes a nice neat pile for cleanup. Unless it's on a truck. Then you'll finding brass in everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my son, although it's not a 240, there's nothing neat about his pile, it's everywhere

https://youtu.be/7LZM7FVsp8Q

Edited by Johnny Rotten
  • Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm going to find a new bridge and cut the old one off and weld a new one on once I find a replacement. It's giving me issues. Fires great. But has some complications that are hard to explain. But a new bridge will fix it.

I'll just take the whole things off your hands bro, no need to worry

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
http://youtu.be/zmX8d7nfbyI

My wife running the gun. She HATES guns. Don't ask me why she married me. No clue. She's shot maybe 2 times in the 6.5 years we have been married. Naturally, she was scared of it. But got better at the end.

I'm just glad she decided in the end to actually watch where she was shooting while holding the trigger down. Edited by 173rdABN
  • Like 1
173rdABN, on 22 Oct 2015 - 8:42 PM, said:

My wife running the gun.......

Tell Kristen that she is now officially a full citizen of the Great State of Tennessee.   :up:

Connecticut will never feel the same to her now that she has felt the real meaning of Liberty!  

• Like 1
Don't feel bad my wife could careless about guns either, I was sighting in a scope on a suppressed ar for juvenile hunt in a couple weeks, my son was sick on the couch and they were both watching TV, went inside asked them how loud it was as I was putting it away, so i went back and asked her if she wanted to shoot a mag FA, she said nope..walked away shaking my head...
  • Like 1

Don't feel bad my wife could careless about guns either, I was sighting in a scope on a suppressed ar for juvenile hunt in a couple weeks, my son was sick on the couch and they were both watching TV, went inside asked them how loud it was as I was putting it away, so i went back and asked her if she wanted to shoot a mag FA, she said nope..walked away shaking my head...

My wife would not be at home while I go shooting, especially FA. She loves guns. :lol:

One time, when I first got my 50 BMG, she hadn't got much sleep because class and homework at college. I started pulling out the 50 and all the other junk trying not to wake her because I knew she was exhausted.

Well, she woke up, seen I was going shooting without her and got upset! Lol

She was like, you're going shooting the 50 without me? Oh heck no!

It was the first time firing the 50 new, so that made it worse. She was like, don't ever think I don't want to go shooting with you. My look was like :stare: I found a good one! Edited by JohnC
  • Like 1

My wife would not be at home while I go shooting, especially FA. She loves guns. :lol:

One time, when I first got my 50 BMG, she hadn't got much sleep because class and homework at college. I started pulling out the 50 and all the other junk trying not to wake her because I knew she was exhausted.

Well, she woke up, seen I was going shooting without her and got upset! Lol

She was like, you're going shooting the 50 without me? Oh heck no!

It was the first time firing the 50 new, so that made it worse. She was like, don't ever think I don't want to go shooting with you. My look was like :stare: I found a good one!

Lucky Bastard..

usually the day before I shoot I load up the mags in the front room watching tv, every so often she'll look over, never says anything, one time I was loading up my Barrett 50 mags she seen the bullet and said WTF (not really), why do you need THAT (really!), because I wanted one...

• Like 1

Lucky Bastard..
usually the day before I shoot I load up the mags in the front room watching tv, every so often she'll look over, never says anything, one time I was loading up my Barrett 50 mags she seen the bullet and said WTF (not really), why do you need THAT (really!), because I wanted one...

I grew up in that situation. My Mom nearly hated guns. My Dad grew up loving them and has a real sickness for collecting pistols. She would get so pissed every time he brought a new gun home, and that was very often.  :biglol:

I'm cool with my wife hating guns. More ammo for me and my budget isn't effected by my next gun needing to be pink. She respects my passion for them and is very supportive. But doesn't want anything to do with them. It actually works out very well.
  • Like 2

I'm cool with my wife hating guns. More ammo for me and my budget isn't effected by my next gun needing to be pink. She respects my passion for them and is very supportive. But doesn't want anything to do with them. It actually works out very well.

Yeah...I wouldn't say my wife is "into" guns, but I can say that more than one time we've spent my next gun fund on something she thought she wanted. Decked out 10/22, Remington 870, etc. that have sat in the safe aside from the couple of times I've had them out. Starting to wish she hated guns a little more lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by KKing