Bass - Cheatham west of Commodore Yacht Club

Bighting pretty good this morning.  - on the south bank starting about 3/4 mile below the club all the way down to Alan Jackson's old house on the lake.

BAIT: THE bait this morning was:  Chartreuse Buzz bait (they consistently hit 2 or 3 blade) w/ white trailer.

METHOD:  slow burble just at the surface.  They hit 4-12 feet from the bank every time.

-might want to keep the trailer short - I missed several hook-ups... probably just me... but could've missed them because the fish were not huge and my trailer was too long.

Good luck!

• Like 1

This time of year it's hard to top a buzz bait. On Old Hickory I use a black with a chartreuse twin trailer 95% of the time with great effect. Glad to hear you were on them today. Son In law went to Priest lake today and said he had to fish in the pocket he launched in till fog cleared. He ended up catch several small fish was all but had fun from what he said. I have always said when you go fishing it is always better to have a jerk on both ends of the rod and not just one................. :up: :up:

This time of year it's hard to top a buzz bait. On Old Hickory I use a black with a chartreuse twin trailer 95% of the time with great effect. Glad to hear you were on them today. Son In law went to Priest lake today and said he had to fish in the pocket he launched in till fog cleared. He ended up catch several small fish was all but had fun from what he said. I have always said when you go fishing it is always better to have a jerk on both ends of the rod and not just one................. :up: :up:

I picked up a couple of black buzzbaits and some chartreuse trailers today probably won't get out until Thursday though.

• Like 1

Just checked the weather, although it looks like we will have great weather to be fishing I'm wondering how this cold front will affect the fish.  Anyone have advice for catching bass during a cold front?

You got any fishing video games ???

I'm Kidding. I'm going tomorrow to Priest and plan on looking for bass and hybrid. If you have a location that has been producing fish check your navionics and look for the first break line dropping into deeper water. Sometimes all fish do is slide out to that and wait the cold front out. It might not me drastic. A couple years ago we were on Guntersville and a cold front moved through. We backed out to the first break. It went from 5'-7' and thats all it took. We caught 30+ fish on a cold windy ( 15+ MPH) day. Shakey heads and jerk baits.

• Like 1

Haven't had time for a proper post in a few days.  Thursday I went out using the black buzzbait with chartreuse trailer.  Caught two nice bass in the 2-3 pound range and several smaller bass.  All of them but one came from the river channel or the mouth of creeks, shady holes on sunny banks were producing well.  Yesterday nothing was biting, I tried the buzzbait, I tried crank baits, I tried jigs, I fished bluffs, heavy cover, around docks, not a single bite.  MAy head out in a bit and try again but I think the main focus of today will be deer scouting a couple of spots.

Fished JPP today. Started for bass and ended catching crappie. Caught one small spot and that was it. Switched to crappie and finally found some brush holding them. Caught 5 keepers and probably about the same in shorts. I also lost 4 and missed a ton, lots of pecks and short strikes. Might have been due to the cold front. If you have never used side/down scan it's amazing, cuts down on a lot of waisted time fishing fruitless waters. 

• Like 1

Xxx,

What fish finder are you using in your yak?

I use my Elite 5 or Elite 7 on my Yak. I was fishing out of a friends boat who runs a HDS 9 Gen 3 on Saturday. I'm going to be buying one sooner than later i think. I'm trying to figure out the cheapest way to be able to use it on both my yak and bass boat.