Slow Poke Law

NextExit

I'm amazed people don't get pulled over as is when they impede traffic. Wouldn't driving well below the speed limit in the passing lane not warrant attention? Likely they're distracted or being overly cautious for some reason. 

Slowpoke law not needed IMO. Just more control for a problem that can be easily resolved.

Communist_Slowpoke_by_robindahoods.png

• Like 1
In Georgia, you must move out of the far left lane if a car is approaching from behind at a greater speed, no matter how fast you are going. It used to only apply if you were under the speed limit. Doesn't apply in the metro areas.

Since it passed, I have become more aware of way too many people who cruise in the left lane, but I never see anyone being caught.

Sadly, it has come to talks of passing a law that other states already have for good reason.

The unwritten rules of the road used to be quite common and those that farted around in the left-hand lane (yes, that means you.....well, people, who drive the speed limit or below and feel some need to enforce the traffic laws on everyone else) soon learned how to keep traffic flowing so EVERYONE is accommodated. 

Unfortunately, people are so self-involved and just plain rude now that interstate traffic is a complete nightmare.

Pass the law and start enforcing it.  You cruise in the left lane you get busted.

Last time I checked, driving was still a privilege, not a right . Everyone needs to respect each other . I for one drive slower than most ... I'm aware of all my surroundings at all times and Don t risk my life or the lives of others by being hasty

Last time I checked, driving was still a privilege, not a right . Everyone needs to respect each other . I for one drive slower than most ... I'm aware of all my surroundings at all times and Don t risk my life or the lives of others by being hasty

Can we assume you occupy the right hand lane most of the time?

Yes, and I might add I live in a primarily rural area .... Lots of tractors, combines, water wagons, grain trucks, etc. when I do venture off to " the big city " , I either let my wife drive, or stick to the right lane and avoid high traffic paths to wherever I need to go