Tony Siragusa needs to shut up...

I am watching Redskins v. Giants. Plaxico Buress is not playing because he accidently shot himself in some club Friday night. Probably used a Glock. Anyway, fatass Tony Siragusa said that Buress was foolish to carry a gun with him, and that you shouldn't go places where you feel it is necessary to carry a gun. Wow, I didn't know crime locations could be predicted. What an ignorant political statement by an overpaid, overweight numbnuts.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought Burris shot himself at home. And the fact he was to be inactive for todays game was already known to him. I had guessed he was cleaning the thing.

Football announcers ought to just stick to announcing football. Of course the NFL has an official policy encouraging players to not own guns. I wonder if the NFL had the netowrk throw their editorial opinion out there via the announcer.

As a side note, I cleaned a gun today and somehow managed to not shoot myself.

i thought Burris shot himself at home....

"Giants receiver Plaxico Burress, who accidentally shot himself in the thigh Friday at a Manhattan nightclub, will surrender to the New York City police on Monday morning and will be charged with criminal possession of a handgun, according to his lawyer, Benjamin Brafman..."

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/01/sports/football/01burress.html?em

- OS

foiled by reading comprehension once again. dunno where I got shot at home from??

Found this tidbit on Fox sports.

The NFL also is likely to investigate whether Burress violated its Personal Conduct Policy, which might lead to a suspension.

I wonder if the suspension would be for being arrested or for possessing the gun period? Maybe the NFL trumps 2A

It was also stated that he had a Florida carry permit which expired back in the spring. Not that it matters even if he renewed as it would not be valid where he was.

Yeah, he said he had been to places where they were wanding people before they let them in, and he decided that he didn't need to be there. That mindset would prevent me from attending many sporting events. Hell, if I didn't want to get wanded, I couldn't even go to work.

I carry not to go out and find trouble, but incase trouble comes looking for me!!

To be honest, being from New York, there is alot of credit to old hog heads statement. Personally, I carry because I never know what dumbass is going to approach me or my family with the intention of harming us. If I knew that there was a place where a large group of such dumbasses hangout, I too would not enter. Carrying or not!! This comes with the mindset of personal protection.

I watched the game as well, and not to defend the old hog head, but he did address kids that aspired to be college and pro football players. You have thes jugheads that think because they are on a scholarship they can get away with anything. Generally, as well, most of us think we are bullet proof untill we mature enough to know better. Kids today idolize knuckleheads like Bures because thier parents, if they have parents around, don't teach them any sense.

Again, I half-heartedly agree with the hoghead Seragusa, and with deerslayer. If I may?

6:20 pm.....Now Bob Costas is a total DB!! His comment about "Why players feel the need to carry a gun?". Well Bob, it happens to be theirs, and everyones, second ammendment right. Who knows why he had it in a bar, in the city of Manhatten and without a permit. There has been reports that another NYG receiver had been held up outside his apartment. People are dumbasses and will try to rob anyone. He had the righ to defend himself, he just needs to follow the rules like the rest of us.

Edited by Angus
Guest DylisTN

As a side note, I cleaned a gun today and somehow managed to not shoot myself.

I allways wondered how you could clean a loaded gun? I took this to mean "I shot myself while playing with a loaded gun". I can see that happening. Just can't figgure out how to clean a loaded gun. But, i'm allso proud of the fact that I've cleaned many gunsand never shot myself.

And, how did this guy shoot himself in the thigh at a night club. He had to have had a finger on the trigger. And that would mean the gun was not properly holstered. I.e. he was playing with it.

Guest oldhack62

Well, it sounds to me like Burress was being stupid, which negates his right to carry a gun, in many cases.

The fact of his expired Florida permit means nothing, as it was, well, expired, and from Florida. He was in New York, which recognized only its own, impossible-to-get permit. Gun possession is a felony there. We are for legality here, right?

Besides, his presence at a nightclub -- where he wounded himself -- begs the question of liquor consumption, either by himself or companions, which is a public no-go with weapons almost anywhere. I suspect he was showing off, and wound up showing himself to be an idiot.

I believe the Second Amendment is absolute and applies to individuals. But rights come with responsibilities, and those who exercise their 'rights' irresponsibly give a bad name to all of us who otherwise legitimately claim our rights.

I carry not to go out and find trouble, but incase trouble comes looking for me!!

To be honest, being from New York, there is alot of credit to old hog heads statement. Personally, I carry because I never know what dumbass is going to approach me or my family with the intention of harming us. If I knew that there was a place where a large group of such dumbasses hangout, I too would not enter. Carrying or not!! This comes with the mindset of personal protection.

I watched the game as well, and not to defend the old hog head, but he did address kids that aspired to be college and pro football players. You have thes jugheads that think because they are on a scholarship they can get away with anything. Generally, as well, most of us think we are bullet proof untill we mature enough to know better. Kids today idolize knuckleheads like Bures because thier parents, if they have parents around, don't teach them any sense.

Again, I half-heartedly agree with the hoghead Seragusa, and with deerslayer. If I may?

6:20 pm.....Now Bob Costas is a total DB!! His comment about "Why players feel the need to carry a gun?". Well Bob, it happens to be theirs, and everyones, second ammendment right. Who knows why he had it in a bar, in the city of Manhatten and without a permit. There has been reports that another NYG receiver had been held up outside his apartment. People are dumbasses and will try to rob anyone. He had the righ to defend himself, he just needs to follow the rules like the rest of us.

He did start out talking about kids who want to play football, but went from there. Talking to kids about not going to stupid places is admirable, but I felt he was headed farther down the road than that. I didn't hear the Costas part, but it doesn't suprise me. After Sean Taylor of the Redskins was killed in his home last year, offensive lineman Chris Samuels was quoted as saying he had never held a gun before, but he was planning on getting one and learning how to use it. What would Costas say about that?

Costas is a liberal DB all the way. I guess, in his opinion, we should admire the bg and try and give them a hug before they shoot us and walk away with our sh**. So, to sum it up....Hog Head is a caring DB, Costas is a worthless DB, and Burres is a stupid DB.

He had the money to get a NY license, but failed to do so. You've got to have a NY license or be an out of stater in NY for an NRA sanctioned match to even POSSESS a handgun. A multi millionaire can have a penthouse in NYC, claim that as one of his residences, and get a pistol license. The former (deceased) Arkansas LT GOV Rockefeller had a NYC pistol license. It is a similar system to MA. I would not dare take a handgun to NY, unless i was up there for a competition. You can at least bring a shotgun or rifle to keep for protection.

Guest TnDeerHunter

The problem I see is the reporters are blowing this way up. You can't turn on a sports show without hearing a reporter tell his or her version of the insident. Sure it looks as if liquor was involved but we don't know for sure, but we do know he was breaking the law and and should be responsable for his actions. I agree with above comments about 2nd ammendment these reporters need to see him as a U.S. citizen first and football player second. That being said he had a previous carry permit so that tells me he should know the laws and he chose to break them.

I believe the Second Amendment is absolute and applies to individuals. But rights come with responsibilities, and those who exercise their 'rights' irresponsibly give a bad name to all of us who otherwise legitimately claim our rights.

+1

Guest sharpshooter01

They, being the media, are going to start blowing anything that has to do with a gun out of proportion since they got there golden boy in office.

On a side note, ol'Bob's blood pressure was getting a little up during that Tiki Barber interview wasn't it:drama:, what an idiot! I thought they get paid to talk about football not gun control issues.

Guest TRIAD280

Brandon Jacobs (the giants running back) said he doesn't carry a gun, but if someone comes through the door, he's a dead man. I got tickled about that.Good for him.

These people are targeted by thugs, look at Sean Taylor, Darrent Williams, and the Jaguars lineman who was shot 12 times