New Handgun

Thanks

They had a 9mm but I just wanted something with a little more ass behind it so I decided on the 40. I have several 45's so I thought I'd go for something different this time

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk Pro Edited by jphillips63

I have ano early P229 it had been a great weapon. 10-12000 rounds and still shoots fantastic. Enjoy!

By the way the trigger just gets better with time!

Thanks for the confidence. I doubt I'll ever shoot this one that much or even close. It'll mostly be left in my auto as defense weapon.

Did you have any FTE or non fires?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for the confidence. I doubt I'll ever shoot this one that much or even close. It'll mostly be left in my auto as defense weapon.
Did you have any FTE or non fires?

Maybe a handful and as far as I recall they were all handload related. I have repacked the recoil spring and hammer spring twice but that's it.
  • Like 1

What weight bullet did you find works best?
I have a box of 180 and 165

I carried it a lot with Cor-Bon 135gr+p (not available anymore)

I shot many many handloaded 155gr cast SWC & plated flat point.

I always liked lighter bullets, nothing more than 165gr. I don't think I ever shot 180's in it.

The lighter bullets seem to minimize the snappy nature of full power loads, but muzzle blast can be a bit greater.
  • Like 1

One word.
Uplula...
It will loosen up a bit but that last round will always be snug and the uplula will make it seem easy. Best gun accessory I ever bought!

Thanks for the info. I'm gonna google one now.

I saw this also in the shop and have a itch to buy one but damn, I'm thinking for that price I can buy another Kimber.

http://www.legionseries.com/p229-legion/
I Hava a 226 Sao legion. My wife bought me. (She's a keeper!) See this post for my thoughts

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/94892-sig-p226-legion/

I'll put it up against a Kimber for fit and probably better function. If you already have the 229. I'd add the grips from hogue, and a little trigger work and the SRT kt and you're almost there for less.

Not as pretty as the Kimberly 1911 but still cool.
  • Like 1

I always had mixed feelings about the 229 - but thats more from me having a M11A1 issued to me and I could not shoot it worth crap.

Get a .357Sig barrel for it for a lot more fun.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Is all I need is a 357 sig barrel to convert or are there other parts needed?

Excellent choice!! I regret trading mine..... It was in 40SW also and never had any issues at all. I mostly shot 165 grain ammo out of it....never caught the 357 sig bug as I felt the cost of it was just too high.

I also would recommend the hogue grips for it.

Congrats on the new toy 

Is all I need is a 357 sig barrel to convert or are there other parts needed?

Like Comms stated, you can just change the barrel.  The mags work fine for either.  

I have a Lone Wolf kit for mine that changes the spring was well, and runs great.  .357SIG is a lot of fun

Regarding reliability, mine has always run fine on factory loads.  

Edited by quietguy