Wounded Warrior Fund Cleans House.

VERO1

WWF fired its leaders after somebody dropped a dime on their spending habits. Apparently they were spending 40% of income on overhead. It will be good if that money can go where it was intended, rather than being used for expensive "conferences" at resorts.
  • Like 5
Thanks for that article Ski. I new they were somewhat anti-gun, but not to that extent. I also didn't know that they don't support vets from all wars. Vietnam Vets most notably.

They actually have some of the lowest rates as far as what goes to those they are supposed to help. It started life with good intentions and then making money became their goal. I know it is a non profit but that just means their bank account is zero at the end of the year. Like a lot of non profits excess goes into paying salaries rather than into those they are helping.

I do not support the WWP and will not. Plenty of other veteran organizations that actually give more.

Look at all their legal fees from suing other organizations that are helping our veterans. You mention you help the wounded and they come after you. You have a black and white image of a soldier and they come after you. WWP has sued quite a few and I haven't really looked into it but I wonder home many of those they have sued had to close their doors over mounting legal fees.

• Like 3

Dolo nailed my opinion on WWP. Here in Cleveland, this week I tried to donate some clothes and household item to the DAV thrift store here in town. I got there just in time, the DAV folks were removing their name and channel 3 news lady was there reporting. I ducked around the other side of my truck to ensure I wasn't on camera. That move actually got my reflection in the store window. LOL

http://www.wrcbtv.com/clip/12273176/update-dav-removes-signs-from-local-thrift-store

Most of the other vet assistance groups have an overhead of less than 10%. This is still high but vastly better than 40%-60% depending on which report check. As an example, Salvation Army is around 2%. This info is available on line and is somewhat of an eye opener when you start checking the more popular charities. Examples, Red Cross and Humane Society.

There is a guy based here in Tennessee that has a non profit to outfit Tennnessee Highway Patrol troopers with vests. Then whatever he collects he lists as his salary from his non profit. Lat time I checked he reported $300K+ in earnings for his non profit but listed his salary as the exact same. And he has been doing it for at least seven years now. I will search to see if I can find it.

Perhaps they will also reconsider their somewhat anti-gun stance. http://www.ammoland.com/2012/11/wounded-warrior-project-is-anti-gun/

Bowing down to the PC police huh? That and their luxury expenses at conferences has burst any bubble I had about the organization. Yep, they need to clean house alright, they need a spokesman or woman to come out with an official video statement and say the "former" executives who ran WWP were in the wrong and apologize to the veterans who need the service and anyone is welcome to use the WWP logo in support the organization.

Now i'm far from rich but I put a few dollars into different organizations now and then, I like St. Jude and the Shriners, just hope I don't hear anything like this about them. WWP is not getting $1 from me till I hear and see an official admission of wrong doing. 

Most of the other vet assistance groups have an overhead of less than 10%. This is still high but vastly better than 40%-60% depending on which report check. As an example, Salvation Army is around 2%. This info is available on line and is somewhat of an eye opener when you start checking the more popular charities. Examples, Red Cross and Humane Society.

Red cross is an interesting nonprofit example. They run a business- blood donation - which has significant costs to operate thus their higher percentage.

For those interested you can go on Guidestar.com and examine form 990s from any non profit and see what the heck they do with their money and where it comes from