Affordable Scope Reccomendations

Guest justinbelcher13

Guest justinbelcher13

I have always been into guns, but I have never dealt much with scopes. I am looking to scope a .308 or 30-06 (I havent bought it yet) to be used for deer hunting. I am also going to be scoping a .22lr. I need to know what to look for as far as quality goes and recomended brands. I cannot afford a furtune. They need to be under a couple hundred new so I can pick them up used for hopefully under 100-150. Any help or info would be appreciated.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have this on my 10/22 ( inexpensive/cheap is usually fine on a .22) and its held zero for 10,000 rounds so far! :cool::shhh:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=195722

On my 8MM mauser i have a NcStar that is also an inexpensive brand but I got lucky. Most of your cheaper scopes may not hold up on a .308/30-06 but then again they may hold up.

for the .308/30-06 you cant go wrong with a Leupold. they can get rather pricey. check walmart they are changing over from leupold to nikon and some of the leupold rifleman scops can be gotten for 150 to 200. I know thats a little more than what you want to pay but its better to pay once than two or three times! leupold stands behind their scopes no matter what.

The Millet Silver series 3x9 is a great value, has a lifetime full replacement warranty and only costs about $90. The Nikon Pro Staff seris are very good and can usually be purchased locally for about $120-130ish. I picked up a LNIB 2x7 last show for $70. As to the 22lr, find a good used Bushnell or Simmons 3x9 1" rifle scope for around $30-40 dollars at a local gun show. They are every where at that price. If you can find an older Tasco they are good also but the newer ones are just to junky for my tastes. I have also heard good thing about BSA as 22 scopes but I have not tried them.

Guest gcrookston

If I remember correctly, my 3x9 Bushnell set me back about $90.00 (that was about 10 years ago). I needed something for a 10/22. I've been satisfied with it.

MVC-099F.jpg