$50 finders fee....

It is just the upper. I will use a standard AR15 lower receiver. If I end up shooting it more than a couple of times I will toss a bigger brake on it. Right now I am trying to figure out what optic to toss on it that doesn't cost more than the gun itself AND will survive. Millett seems to be getting decent reviews on 50's.

This should be less than 20 pounds too. Their complete gun with a 29" barrel is under 18 pounds. Hope the brake is effective.

I have not seen a single bad thing said about Ligamec.

It is just the upper. I will use a standard AR15 lower receiver. If I end up shooting it more than a couple of times I will toss a bigger brake on it. Right now I am trying to figure out what optic to toss on it that doesn't cost more than the gun itself AND will survive. Millett seems to be getting decent reviews on 50's.

This should be less than 20 pounds too. Their complete gun with a 29" barrel is under 18 pounds. Hope the brake is effective.

I have not seen a single bad thing said about Ligamec.

It sure looks tempting and your concerns related to the muzzle brakes efficiency are valid. I shot a bolt action rifle with a tubular steel frame where a surplus .50 cal BMG barrel had been used. I shot it with and without the brake and could really tell a difference.

Great!!. Our  neighbors will REALLY freak out now... :eek:

Can you please ban him from here ? None of you are good influences on him..lol 

But who is wanting to shoot it?

Matter of fact, you will probably get to shoot it before I do.

Both of you just improved my mood by about 110% just now with your bantering.

• Like 1

I'm already thinking about buying a box of ammo.

Can a basic aluminum AR lower stand up the the awesome forces produced by the mighty .50 BMG?

You are more than welcome to shoot it if you bring your own ammunition. I assume it will stand up because there are thousands of them out there. I am really leaning hard towards a Super Sniper scope for it in either 12x or 16x. I am also reading the Millett precision scopes are holding up too.

You are more than welcome to shoot it if you bring your own ammunition. I assume it will stand up because there are thousands of them out there. I am really leaning hard towards a Super Sniper scope for it in either 12x or 16x. I am also reading the Millett precision scopes are holding up too.

I must have not read far enough... You already order the 50?

If so, congrats!

The SWFA SS is a nice scope. That's what I put on my 50.

d3ca935f9e2a51020a47183cb45afa06.jpg Edited by JohnC