Just A Rant

Shug

This is just my personal feelings {RANT}

Every where you turn today, the TV, the Radio, The newspaper all have a "TOP STORY"  on PRINCE or some other ass clown that died, from committing suicide or drug overdose. Who really gives a flying F**K..... There are men and women fighting for our freedom and our civil liberties dying everyday. There are close to 20 veterans committing suicide everyday due to PTSD. BUT you don't read about that in newsprint or on the tv news. It personality makes me sick knowing that my two sons and countless other men and women that are risking their lives for a country that could care less for them and more about about someone like "Prince"

Edited by Shug
  • Like 7

This is just my personal feelings {RANT}

Every where you turn today, the TV, the Radio, The newspaper all have a "TOP STORY"  on PRINCE or some other ass clown that died, from committing suicide or drug overdose. Who really gives a flying F**K..... There are men and women fighting for our freedom and our civil liberties dying everyday. There are close to 20 veterans committing suicide everyday due to ptsd. BUT you don't read about that in newsprint or on the tv news. It personality makes me sick knowing that my two sons and countless other men and women that are risking their lives for a country that could care less for them and more about about someone like "Prince"

First, please thank your sons for their service.  

I couldn't agree more.  In most of our society, celebrity trumps (or Trump if you prefer) true sacrifice.  We have lost our way, and hope that we can collectively find our way back.    

Well pardon the man for dying already.

He probably didn't OD (from the sound of it he was a health nut type), and it seems clear he didn't suicide.  

You are not wrong, the media sucks, but its not prince's fault that the media sucks.   

• Like 1

Well pardon the man for dying already.

He probably didn't OD (from the sound of it he was a health nut type), and it seems clear he didn't suicide.  

You are not wrong, the media sucks, but its not prince's fault that the media sucks.   

Guess I was wrong,..... The man was a great musical talent, I will give that to him. BUT what has he done for humanity. I understand HE has nothing to do with the media, and I'm positive he didn't die because he wanted to...... BUT I'm sick and tired of all the press of him dying {I said this was MY personal RANT} BUT some people are acting like he saved the world.... If these are your feelings brother, then more power to you!!! 

He did give a LOT to charity...most of the time asking not to be named. Saw this on t.v. today. I have 2 sons, one in rotc and the other aspiring to an academy. So I can see both sides. But he has done more than most to help humanity.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Guess I was wrong,..... The man was a great musical talent, I will give that to him. BUT what has he done for humanity. I understand HE has nothing to do with the media, and I'm positive he didn't die because he wanted to...... BUT I'm sick and tired of all the press of him dying {I said this was MY personal RANT} BUT some people are acting like he saved the world.... If these are your feelings brother, then more power to you!!! 

No, I was tired of him by 1985.   I'm just as tired of the media circus as anyone else.  But his death isn't the issue, the issue is lack of coverage for real heroes by a media that considers soldiers to be war criminals and has done so off and on since Vietnam.  

I guess, just remember that "news" is "business".   They exist to make money, and they do that by selling advertising, and they do that by hooking people into watching/reading/listening, and they do THAT by covering whatever the low information idiot will click the most.   What do you think sells more clicks, the death of a superstar or the suicide of an never-before-heard-of ex soldier ?    Its circular... as long as the un-washed masses want their news to be entertainment, that is what we will get.

• Like 1
I think is sad that anyone dies in unusual circumstances. I think it's a tragedy when a soldier dies in the service to his country and so few notice. Veterans day means something! We don't know the names of all the soldiers that die, or are wounded in the service to our country but I think of them whenever I see a solider, a monument, or our flag.

Sadly prince or other celebrity figures die, but regardless of how influential that have been their life isn't worth more celebration, or memory that any others.

The news don't discuss the statistics of KIA, WIA, MIA, or the plight of our Veterans because they don't get to listen to their favorite song, or reminisce about them. It's selfish and sad.

There is a bigger fight to fight and we're in it now. We can change the direction of our political future for better or worse in November. When you vote think of those VOLUNTEER soldiers and what they thought about as they took the oath.
  • Like 2
FWIW mission 22 and a few other groups help our vets the best they can. Charities don't bring sponsors, viewers do. It pays their bills.Weve lost some great talent lately. Artists and warriors. I believe all should receive respect and appropriate goodbyes. Unfortunately the autistic OCD media always leans towards money and libtards. Always have always will.