Michelle Obama

http://www.eurthisnthat.com/perspective/michelle-obama-needs-us-to-fight/

Women of Oprah country unite! There is a sister down! I repeat, Sister down! It’s being reported that Michelle Obama won’t be getting paid for being First Lady. I guess since she’s the First Lady and the First African American Lady, I’d like to see her paid for her work. None of the First Ladies have ever been paid, but in my humble opinion, that’s a male chauvinist rule that should die. That way of thinking is from a time when the Presidential wives were identified mainly as hostess. The job of the First Lady has historically been consistent with her husband’s administration and the needs of the period. With the economic plight of the U.S., Michelle Obama could be wearing many hats in a country riddled with economic hardship, war, rising poverty and homelessness.

We’re talking about the gifted Michelle Obama whose intellect and superior legal sense makes her a shoe-in for the first First Lady to receive compensation for what is sure to be an unparallelled contribution to the focus of our new administration.

-----------------------------------------

Discuss...

personally I think this is insane.. why should the rules be bent for her? Because shes black? Its not like they are poor..... I've been hearing this on the radio all morning and had to post about this. I couldn't find a more substantial source on the web though..

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"We’re talking about the gifted Michelle Obama whose intellect and superior legal sense makes her a shoe-in for the first First Lady to receive compensation for what is sure to be an unparallelled contribution to the focus of our new administration."

Oh please :tough:

I don't care. She can get her welfare check just like everyone else. Come on guys it's the friggin' messiah! We don't have to worry about anything now! Michelle and Barack will bring peace through the land, gold will flow like water, and we'll all hug and dance and...:tough::puke:Oh God I think I just threw up my spleen.

Guest benchpresspower
michelle_obama.jpg

Michelle Obama

Well, if she gets the part in the next Star Wars she won't have to worry about money.

I don't feel that she deserves any compensation for being first lady. It's not a paid position and they knew that going in.

I couldn't help but hum the Imperial March when I saw this picture.

"The force is strong with you Obama.....but you are not a Jedi YET!!!":screwy:

Just a small point here.

Did Michelle ask for any money?

Like I said I can't find much on the web for this, I don't think they are trying to make it wide-known.. but what I've heard on the radio is that she is actually wanting to be paid.

Like I said I can't find much on the web for this, I don't think they are trying to make it wide-known.. but what I've heard on the radio is that she is actually wanting to be paid.

If she is wanting to be paid I think that it crazy. It is supposed to be an honor to live in the White House. And what is to stop her from continuing on as an attorney or whatever she did before?

I do not believe there is a law that says the First Lady cannot have a job.

If she is wanting to be paid I think that it crazy. It is supposed to be an honor to live in the White House. And what is to stop her from continuing on as an attorney or whatever she did before?

I do not believe there is a law that says the First Lady cannot have a job.

One of the websites I seen asked that same question, they didnt think there was a law prohibiting it. But it should a job, not just being paid to be "first lady". :lol:

Just who is saying she wants to be paid.

Some OpEd blogger for this guy?

lee_bailey.jpg

The EUR/EURweb is a service of Rabercom Enterprises. Rabercom is headed by urban radio legend Lee Bailey. To contact us, send email to: info@eurweb.com (attachments NOT accepted) or call 323-254-9599 or 661-250-7300. You can also write to us (via snail mail) at: PO Box 412081 - Los Angeles, CA - 90041 - USA

Edited by OhShoot
oldmichelleobama.jpg

You bes be givin me my money!

Ohhh, funny post!!!!

Oh and Screw her if she is wanting to be paid for being the First lady, and if not, screw whoever is saying that she should be paid for being the first lady.

cuss.gif Damn! Now I have this song stuck in my head.

I wear tight clothing and high heel shoes it doesnt make me a prostitute

I like rap music wear hip-hop clothes

That doesnt mean that Im sellin dope

Oh my please forgive me for having

Straight hair

It doesnt mean theres another blood in

My heirs

I might date another race or color

Doesnt mean I dont like my strong

Black brothers

Chorus:free your mind and the rest will follow, be colorblind, dont be so shallow(before you read me you gotta learn how to see me)

So Im a sista

Buy things with cash

That really doesnt mean that all my

Credit is bad,

So why dispute me and waste my time,

Because you think that the price is too

High for me

I cant look without being watched

You rang my buy before I made up my,

Mind

Oh now attitude why even bother

I cant change your mind you cant