I need advise. Trouble with USPS

TerryW

I have had, from day 1, trouble with the mail service in my area. Everything I get is folded in half. My mailbox is large enough to accommodate the very large 12x15 envelopes but my fe-mailman folds everything she puts it in the box. In the beginning I tried to talk to our fe-mailman and she wont even speak. So after I had several important photographs folded in half, I went to the postmaster in my town and ask if she could be more conscientious. To no avail. I am at my witts end. If I push real had I never get mail, if I don't say anything everything I dont want folded in half gets folded in half.

Today she folded my lifetime NRA certificate and the envelope clearly says "FRAGLE Please use care" ARGGGGGG!

Help! What should I do????

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18
I have had, from day 1, trouble with the mail service in my area. Everything I get is folded in half. My mailbox is large enough to accommodate the very large 12x15 envelopes but my fe-mailman folds everything she puts it in the box. In the beginning I tried to talk to our fe-mailman and she wont even speak. So after I had several important photographs folded in half, I went to the postmaster in my town and ask if she could be more conscientious. To no avail. I am at my witts end. If I push real had I never get mail, if I don't say anything everything I dont want folded in half gets folded in half.

Today she folded my lifetime NRA certificate and the envelope clearly says "FRAGLE Please use care" ARGGGGGG!

Help! What should I do????

Keep moving it up the chain. At some point somebody will listen. If they stop delivering your mail, call the police or FBI or whoever would have jurisdiction since you could consider that mail tampering which of course is illegal.

Guest gcrookston

good luck to you. I live in 37129, It's a contractor's route. I get my neighbor's mail, I've seen my mail dropped in the ditch. I mail my bills from the main post office. Good luck. Worst postal service I've ever seen, what we have here in Tennessee. She pulled into my driveway and honked the horn to deliver a box Friday. Too Fat and Ugly to walk it to the door... don't know what would have happened had I not been home

Edited by gcrookston
Guest bkelm18
Oh yeah, that will work. Advocating deadly force against a postal employee. :tinfoil:

Not the smartest thing I have read in awhile. I suggest an edit would be in order.

And the winner of the "No Sense of Humor Whatsoever" award goes to....

Guest Verbal Kint
Oh yeah, that will work. Advocating deadly force against a postal employee. :tinfoil:

Not the smartest thing I have read in awhile. I suggest an edit would be in order.

What? You haven't heard the term "going postal" before?

It was a joke. Pull your police issue panties out of your butt and go drink some eggnog.

I know the jokes are jokes and thanks for the laugh. :tinfoil:

Maybe our route is contract. They do use their own cars.

I have never had worse service before. I just worry if I raise too big a stink I'll never see the mail I want to see. bkelm18 I understand it's illegal if 'she' were to jack with my mail. I just don't think the fed's would show up if I don't get all my birthday cards.:P

Guest bkelm18
I just don't think the fed's would show up if I don't get all my birthday cards.:(

Wait, are you saying our government does care about you, an ordinary citizen????:P:tinfoil:

You're probably right. :P I would at least hope someone gets their pee pee smacked.

Call the USPS Postal Inspector, they will take this matter seriously.

For the bent stuff or the missing birthday card Verbal Kint sent me? (Verb, you don't have to send one next year :tinfoil: )

Edit: I'm really not missing anything that I know of. I pissed the douche bag bends my stuff that will fit in the mailbox unbent.

I'm sorry if I made it sound like I was missing stuff.

Edited by TerryW
I may have misled you guys. Not my intentions with my jokes.

You must call the USPS Postal Inspector as Bigiron suggested. The local post master has no power anymore. He is just a professional phone answering employee. Sorry if anybody is offended but the truth is the truth. Emails and phone calls every day should work wonders. They will eventually look into it. After a couple of weeks set them up. Mail yourself an envelope (a couple of envelopes) that say, pictures do not bend. Keep this as evidence and mail to the Postal inspector himself. Send yourself a b-day card that says money enclosed. Keep all of the evidence for the Postal Inspector. Have fun and play the game better then your postal worker.

Good luck getting the Post Office to do anything. I have the exact same problem in 37128. Everything is folded and/or rubber banded in half. I have had a few things in the cardboard type photomailers that made it through ok. But I finally started requesting (and paid for by myself) everything similar to be shipped by UPS or Fedex. at least I got them undamaged.

Guest tcampbell
What? You haven't heard the term "going postal" before?

It was a joke. Pull your police issue panties out of your butt and go drink some eggnog.

police issue panties...!!!!

:P:(:P:tinfoil:

Don’t let the postal CONTRACTOR bet you. Hold your ground. If she gets enough complaints they will let her go. Talk to your neighbors and send them a few fake DO NOT FOLD ENVELOPES. There is a long line of scum bags wanting to fell her job. There is even a line of good people who are out of a job right now and would job on her route in a minute.

Alright, as resident mailman on the forum, I'll handle this! The postal inspectors will just laugh. They don't step in unless your mail is stolen or opened,etc. The best thing to do is to go online or to call the 800# and make a complaint. Call the postmaster you talked to and ask him for the number since he is obviously unable to solve the problem at the local level. They get a copy of the complaint and someone from the office will have to call you and discuss the problem. They catch hell if the same person with the same problem keeps calling in and complaining. Sadly it's about the only way to get anything done

Don't feel bad. I deliver mail all day and come home to find my lazy rural carrier has misdelivered my mail and left a book on top of our mailbox all day in the rain.

They don't get paid by the hour, more like salary, the faster they go the more they get. Accuracy and quality of service suffer greatly! Let me know me if you need anymore info.