Gran Torino

Daniel

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just finished watching it. Unbelievably sad movie, but very entertaining.

Too bad he did not blow the zipperhead gangsters away.

One of Eastwood's best roles. I feel a lot in common with his character, especially his political incorrectness. It especially proved a point in don't piss off the old guy who does not have much left to lose. Glad he did not leave the car to one of his kids or grandkids.

I will watch it again in a week or two.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bkelm18

I finally got around to watching it last night. I'm pretty sure I busted out laughing everytime he used a racial slur. It was just the way he said them that was hilarious. I knew how it was gonna end but it was still pretty sad. I had to choke back the water when he gave the kid the car. I knew he would, but just the way he so eloquently put it.

Guest bkelm18

Yeah I thought it was great that the two things his family lusted after the most, the house and the car, he didn't leave to them.

yep, not leaving them the house and car was fitting.

I wondered what happened to the Garand and 1911 as well as his warrior memorabilia. Certainly his children would not have respected it properly.

I thought his cooler was nice. My parents had one just like it.

Guest 3pugguy
I just watched this. Pretty damn good. This board will enjoy it a lot. You should definitely check it out.

Yep, also just saw it and my wife and I both enjoyed it a lot. Clint Eastwood does not disappoint in his movies, at least in my opinion.

I guess if we wanted to dig into the meaning, he made some points, too.

Plus, a cool car.

Guest 3pugguy
Yeah I thought it was great that the two things his family lusted after the most, the house and the car, he didn't leave to them.

They cast the family just right - greedy, didn't care about him, only what he had. Like when the son called and all he wanted was the connection for Lion's tickets.

Liked the scene when he pulled that .45...

Guest bkelm18

Just read that Gran Torino is supposed to be the last movie Clint will act in. Well, he picked a good one to go out on. There just aren't many (any?) actor/directors left of the same caliber as him.

Guest LieutenantDan67

We watched it this weeked and were amazed. It was very powerful to me and I'm still upset about what happened to the character of Sue; that subject really hits me deep and I generally avoid films where it's even alluded to. The ending was good, but I too wish he had smoked those guys.

As a husband and father of two beautiful girls, I would accept a jail sentence to kill whomever would do that to any of my girls.

My only eyebrow raise for the ending was that the witnesses stepped up THIS time, but would not for the earlier incident with Sue and the drive by. So I wasnt' sure about what Walt was doing, there...as I was afraid it would be meaningless with no one to report to police.

• 5 months later...