Gran Torino

Daniel

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12-27-2008, 12:34 AM

I just watched this. Pretty damn good. This board will enjoy it a lot. You should definitely check it out.

You guys are slacking, I watched this about three weeks ago!:up: Actually my local bootleg dvd dealer was feeling generous and gave me a copy for free. I almost didn't watch it, (Had never heard of it) but I'm glad I did! :screwy:

I watched it back in Dec.

Okay, somebody's gotta break up the party. I saw the movie over the weekend, and I thought the acting was wooden (from everyone but Clint), and the dialogue was formulaic and sometimes campy.

That being said, I enjoyed the hell out of it. I especially liked the theme of active restitution--showing remorse for one's sins by actually DOING something to atone for them.

I saw it the other night, and was pleased. Not what I was expecting, but that made it a better movie IMO. The other actors weren't the greatest, but Clint was true to form.

Guest superdrew4000

I saw Grand Torino this afternoon with the Mrs. Man, that has to be one of the best films I've seen in a long time. I saw the "twist" ending coming though, but that in no way ruined it for me.

Had to get a new signature in honor of this awesome flick (kinda challenging finding a line from that movie you could use in public). Definately gonna get this on DVD when it comes out.

• 4 weeks later...

Allright I finally got around to seeing this today and I'm pissed off. I deprived myself of this for way to long. It was probably one of the best movies I've seen.

Clint really played my Grandfather lol If any of you guys had ever met him you'd know exactly what I meant. He worked for GM for years, Hell he didn't even live that far from where this movie was shot. Grizzled WWII vet, but easily the smartest man I've ever known.

If Superdrew hadn't already claimed it I had have a new sig line as well :D A new avatar will have to do

Guest Angel 24/7

Xdshooter & I went couple weeks ago. We both loved it. The next one that looks good is the new one that Tom Hanks did, I forgot the name. It was the makers of The Davinci code. It is out in May.

We hardly ever get to go see grown up movies. That will be the next.

Guest OttoMaddox

I'm blessed with a friend who gets all the screeners. I saw Gran Torino and Taken before the theatrical releases. Both great but Torino is tops IMHO. Traitor was really good as well. Watched Body of lies last night, ehh.

Xdshooter & I went couple weeks ago. We both loved it. The next one that looks good is the new one that Tom Hanks did, I forgot the name. It was the makers of The Davinci code. It is out in May.

We hardly ever get to go see grown up movies. That will be the next.

Angels and Demons. Yea that looks really good.

• 3 months later...