Hixson Wally World is about out...

Guest tntrucknut

Went to Rockwood Wal-Mart Sunday evening to get some 9mm, they were out of all of there handgun rounds. Clerk said warehouse was out also and he didn't know when more would arrive. He started saying something about the NRA causing a panic or something, didn't stick around to hear the rant. Went to Gander Mtn. in Knoxville, plenty of Winchester and Blazer Brass .40 and .45, had to search for some 9mm. Found 8 boxes of Winchester 100 pack in bottom of shelf shoved to the back. There handgun loads and there cleaning supplies looked like a bomb had gone off on the shelves. I only bought 2 boxes, but I'm not panic buying. Just need ammo to play with my new 9mm.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went by the Keith Street wallyworld last night and strolled past sporting goods just for grins. Wow! Not only was the clerk there to wait on customers (never happens, you have to go find them) but the shelves bore 10 Winchester Value Packs (box of 100) in 9mm. Grabbed 5 of them, the clerk looked at some papers and said "I've got more boxes of that coming in tonight" (last night.) It's a buck or two more than the Blazer in 9mm at $19.96. I have yet to see any of pistol Blazer Brass there at all, though the clerks tell me they carry it in 40 S&W and 45 ACP but not 9mm.

Guest fastshotivy

Just got back from a Wal mart outside of Memphis and I got 1000 rounds of 45 acp winchester and 800 rounds of 9mm winchester.. I was messing a round with the sporting good worker and told her it should be the old price and I got the 100 round box of 9mm winchesters for $16.97 and the 45 acp 100 round winchester box for $25.97... That is why I got it all from her....

Just got back from a Wal mart outside of Memphis and I got 1000 rounds of 45 acp winchester and 800 rounds of 9mm winchester.. I was messing a round with the sporting good worker and told her it should be the old price and I got the 100 round box of 9mm winchesters for $16.97 and the 45 acp 100 round winchester box for $25.97... That is why I got it all from her....

Don't you mean 19.97 and 29.97?

Are you saying she gave you a discount?

Guest fastshotivy

It's just like I posted ......

Guest MisterJimmy

Stopped by a WM near where I work - on a lark - and found about a dozen boxes of FMJ BB in 9mm and 8 or so in .40S&W. Heaven only knows what they had before I got there but I abused my credit card and relieved them of a few boxes of the 9mm. Though I did leave some for others . . .

Now if they'd just start carrying JHP again.

Guest MisterJimmy

Stopped by a WM near where I work - on a lark - and found about a dozen boxes of FMJ BB in 9mm and 8 or so in .40S&W. Heaven only knows what they had before I got there but I abused my credit card and relieved them of a few boxes of the 9mm. Though I did leave some for others . . .

Now if they'd just start carrying JHP again.

good ol scottsboro. have you been to unclaimed baggage yet?

Not yet...I remember seeing a TV show about it though. Looks like a pretty interesting place.

BTW, Kelly and I went to Larry's this morning to get in some range time. We got there before opening and there was already a line 20+ deep to get in to the shop and buy guns and ammo. We pretty much had the range to ourselves for about 30 minutes and then it filled up. I couldn't believe how packed the shop was on a Monday morning though!

Guest abailey362

i've never been in there when it was busy, even when there were republicans controlling everything and all was right in the world.

only downside to the range is that it gets kinda thug in there every now n then

I just left the WalMart on Gallaher.

Finally something in stock there. I left with three bulk packed 550 boxes of Remington Golden Bullet. 16.97 per box before taxation.

If you hurry there were three boxes left. Thought I would be a good guy and leave some for others.

Did not see any 9mm or .45Auto. Did not see much else as a matter of fact. And the .22 bulk boxes were tucked away in the corner of the top shelf of the cabinet. Not where they normally would be kept.

Guest abailey362

nothing at the ooltewah WM tonight. Been seeing some .40 at the cleveland stores, but I'm well up over 1000rds of blazer brass and I need to shoot some of it up for brass donors so I've slowed my buying a little bit

Saw at least 50 boxes of .45 Blazer Brass at a WM in Nashville tonight. Seeing as I just ordered a case from AIM, I only purchased 2 boxes.

The clerk said he has been ordering everything in large quantity or else WM just ignores the order and fills the larger ones first since they think it is selling better. Could have been BS, but thats what he said...

Anybody have a local source for 38 spl?

There are a bunch of the 50 round boxes of Remington HP +p here in Nashville for like $18 a box...let me know if you want me to pick you up any, I am already making various purchases for co-workers in Chattanooga, since it appears to be in shorter supply there.

I grabbed a few more value packs of WWB 9mm at the Signal Mtn Rd. wallyworld this a.m., left 5 packs for you late sleepers. Also, about 30 boxes of Blazer brass 9mm there, I'm loaded up on it so I didn't touch it.

Heck, I went to 3 Wal-Marts (against my better judgement) and called 1. Out of the 3 storse, I was able to get 2 boxes (50 count) of Remington UMC.

I stopped at the local Academy Sports, and they had about 4000-5000 rounds of UMC 9mm. All in the 250 round Mega Pack. Just about the same price as Wal-Mart. They did have 2 or 3 50 round boxes of Blazer, too.

I would have picked up some 10mm, but they had only 2 - 50 round boxes of Blazer aluminum

I grabbed a few more value packs of WWB 9mm at the Signal Mtn Rd. wallyworld this a.m., left 5 packs for you late sleepers. Also, about 30 boxes of Blazer brass 9mm there, I'm loaded up on it so I didn't touch it.

Thanky kind sir!

Ill be heading over there real late tonight if anybody wants any of that 9 while I'm there! :)

Guest GhostHunter

Went to Wally-World in Russellville KY this morning and their ammo shelves are almost bare! A couple boxes of Remington .223 two or three 22-250 and a few boxes of .44 Mag was about the extent of their ammo inventory, with the exception of shotgun shells. I was mainly looking for .40, 9mm and .380. The dude behind the counter said they were having a tough time getting it and didn't expect any in anytime soon.