Hixson Wally World is about out...

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Astra900

A lot of people complained about panic buying for this very reason, but all it's really done is give a little job security to ammo manufacturers. "O" did say he was going to get the economy going, and he's worked miracles in the gun market so far, and the guy ain't even taken office:D

Just be mindful of the price gouging douche bags out there. They seem to have calmed down a small bit, but they are still out there.

Never fear WalMart though, they have a buying power NO other entity on the planet has. They will always find a way to restock what sells the best.

Guest eyebedam

Come on people. Christmas was 2 days ago. They sold a ton of ammo. Guns were a hotter item this year than ever before. They haven't had a stock truck yet since the holiday. I was at Bass Pro yesterday & they normally have a ton of pistols & guess what they only had about 15 or 20 total. Give them time to replenish there inventory before acting like a bunch of old hags tryng to start another ammo frenzy.

I was at Wally World about an hour ago, and I bought up all the 9mm and .45 they had. They said they won't be getting anymore ever again, and neither will any of the other stores.

On a side note, I've got several 100rd boxes WWB 9mm for sale @ $100 per. Blazer brass can be had @ $40 per 50rd box. PM me if you want to make an offer, but act fast, it will ALL be gone in the next few hours.

Guest Astra900

Did you go to the walmart on charlotte pike? I noticed they quit selling guns a while back, and thier ammo selection sucked.

I can't see rural area walmarts quitting the sale of ammo though

Did you go to the walmart on charlotte pike? I noticed they quit selling guns a while back, and thier ammo selection sucked.

I can't see rural area walmarts quitting the sale of ammo though

I have no idea if it's true or not, but I was told that only 1 Wal-Mart per county is allowed to sell guns. Again, only what I was told.

None in Knox Co sell guns, or even will order them.

- OS

I guess I was misinformed. I did a google search and came up with a few atricles regarding Wal-Mart and guns. According to reports, Wal-Mart decided to stop selling guns in 1,000+ stores, nation wide. They were targeting (no pun intended) the stores with sluggish gun sales.

I guess I was misinformed. I did a google search and came up with a few atricles regarding Wal-Mart and guns. According to reports, Wal-Mart decided to stop selling guns in 1,000+ stores, nation wide. They were targeting (no pun intended) the stores with sluggish gun sales.

There were some lawsuits or other, too, haven't ever really researched.

Talk about possible disinformation: sporting goods guy at one Wally's here said there's some corporate rule about being too close to a university. That Wally's is about 10 miles from UT.

Obviously, lately, sluggish gun sales certainly doesn't hold water, eh?

- OS

That's true, but Wal-Mart doesn't sell the type of guns everyone's all freaked about. If everyone was in a panic to buy 12 gauges and .22's, Wally World would be good to go.

Also true, but on the third hand (you do have one, right?) shotties have been a hot item last few months, and Wally's does sell quite a few suitable for home defense (where they still sell guns).

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?cat=170084

Was reading somewhere that only in Alaska, WalMart also sells handguns.

- OS

I stopped at the one in Ooltewah for some 9mm and all they had was WWB for 10.97 per 50 :koolaid:

Is that suppose to be their new price?

Looks like I'll be shooting Blazer Brass in the near future!

My local Wally World usually has the 100rd value packs, seems like they've been climbing in price pretty steadily over the past few months.

The Knoxville Wally Worlds are selling the wwb 100rd 9mm boxes for $19.97 I bought two and grimaced....but the M11/9 is hungry and has to be fed a steady diet of Brass only ammo :koolaid:

19.97 has been the price for a good while on those.

Blazer Brass went up from 8.57 to 8.97 per 50 box about a month ago, so still cheaper than the WWB last time I bought any.

- OS

Went to the Oak Ridge Wallmart yesterday and the shelves looked pretty bare. They had no Blazer 9mm, but had one or two boxes of WWB 100 pack. They were also out of all .22 shells. Clerk said they got a case of .22 in the day before and it all sold in one day. He also said it would be a few weeks before they got any new stuff.

I'm hoping that lots of people just got some new toys for Christmas and had to feed them. If so, I'm sure the shelves will fill back up once the newness wears off.