Hixson Wally World is about out...

I went to the Walmart on Turkey Creek. They had just stocked eight boxes of Blazer Brass .45, there were seven left, but not anymore. I was going to pick up some .308 but another couple were buying ammunition for themselves and got the last three boxes. There was another guy waiting and I guess he wanted the .308 as well, cause there were some harsh words and chest pounding going on, but no fist fight. The guy who bought the .308's said he had been to four different Walmarts looking for .308 ammo, and couldn't believe he found it. I didn't realize people were willing to fight just yet over ammo, or that they didn't have internet access. :rock:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bigsack

in the Chattanooga area Lafayette walmart has had the most 9mm WWB. but then again that was b4 Christmas. i always check when i go. and i have like 6 different walmarts that may go to. but its been hit or miss since november.

i want to go shoot but i don't want to shoot any of my measly stash.

Guest fastshotivy

Just got back from Wal mart and I was going to get like 200 to 300 rounds of 32. and 500 rounds of 9mm. I just got one box of 32. That all they had and no 9mm. They told me if they got some in it will be like 3 months.

Guest Liberty Seeker

There was a palletful of 9mm on sale at BassPro in Sevierville, not sure what it was, I don't shoot 9mm so I wasn't paying very much attention. I got a 250 round box of UMC in 40 S&W for $75, there was 1 more, they had a couple of boxes of UMC in .223 for around 120, and the shelves weren't cleaned out, but I didn't see any .38 and very little .357.

There was a palletful of 9mm on sale at BassPro in Sevierville, not sure what it was, I don't shoot 9mm so I wasn't paying very much attention. I got a 250 round box of UMC in 40 S&W for $75, there was 1 more, they had a couple of boxes of UMC in .223 for around 120, and the shelves weren't cleaned out, but I didn't see any .38 and very little .357.

I was there Sunday. The 9mm on that pallet is Remington UMC, 12.99/box or 10.99/box case price (109.99). You still can't beat Wally's BB at 8.97/box and that's some darn good ammo.

SM Walmart is well stocked with 40 and 45 BB as of Jan 15, 2009.

Uh, not any more on the Blazer Brass fo-fi. Thanks for the intel, went over at lunch, only 7 boxes of 45 left, took them all and the clerk, Cris, winced. He was wanting a box for himself. Told him I'd make due with 6. It pained me to leave all that 9mm there, but I put a dent in that too. In case anyone is wondering, the 9mm is $9.90 OTD and the 45 is (was) $16.46.

Uh, not any more on the Blazer Brass fo-fi. Thanks for the intel, went over at lunch, only 7 boxes of 45 left, took them all and the clerk, Cris, winced. He was wanting a box for himself. Told him I'd make due with 6. It pained me to leave all that 9mm there, but I put a dent in that too. In case anyone is wondering, the 9mm is $9.90 OTD and the 45 is (was) $16.46.

When I got there he said they had 16 boxes left,I took 11 of those :up:

If I knew it would still be there,Id go back today with more money in hand

I was at the old Wal Mart in Marryville today.

They had some,lots of Blazer 9mm (8.97) Blazer .40 10 or 12 boxes (12.47) and 1 box Blazer .45.

They did get in 12 550 rd boxes of Remington .22 at 16.87 a box.They only had 5 boxes of them when I left.

Guest fastshotivy
Just out of curiosity why are you looking for and buying all this ammo for guns you don't have?

There is 4 guy here who is looking for ammo..

Edited by fastshotivy
Guest fastshotivy
Just out of curiosity why are you looking for and buying all this ammo for guns you don't have?

There is 4 guy here(WEST TN) who is looking for ammo. We been buying what we can find. Some of us need 9mm's and some needs 40's and 45's ammo...

Went to the Oak Ridge WM last night, and the shelves definitely looked bare. They did have a few boxes of Blazer 9mm, which they had been out of for a long time, so I grabbed a few of them. They were still out of the 550 value packs of .22 shells. I got the last few of the 50 count boxes.

My wife is taking her carry permit class in two weeks. She is planning on using the .22 Ruger since it is such a tack driver and easy for her to shoot. I never thought I'd have trouble finding ammo for it. :mad:

Salesperson told me that their shipments have been getting longer an dlonger in between deliveries, and when they do get stuff it is of limited quantities, like one case of any particular round.