Hixson Wally World is about out...

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

went with the wife to WalMart in Halls Friday night. Just for the heck of it I looked for ammo. None to be had.

Went there again today with the 6 year old grandson to get his baseball shoes and helmet. Looked again for ammo.

SCORE!

One freakin box of Remington .30 Carbine. The lady said they got one box in total of it. My lucky day I guess. She also said they had gotten quite a bit of Remington bulk packed .22 but one person bought all of it, near 400 dollars worth. She seemed rather disgusted by his behavior. Said she suggested he leave some for others. She said he said something like too bad for them, and bought all of it.

I would not mind seeing Walmart start a policy that you cannot buy more than half of any one sku of ammo in one day. At least it gives others a chance. Seems gun owners keep perpetuating the ammo shortage.

BTW they did still have a decent quantity of .40 S&W on the shelves.

went with the wife to WalMart in Halls Friday night. Just for the heck of it I looked for ammo. None to be had.

Went there again today with the 6 year old grandson to get his baseball shoes and helmet. Looked again for ammo.

SCORE!

One freakin box of Remington .30 Carbine. The lady said they got one box in total of it. My lucky day I guess. She also said they had gotten quite a bit of Remington bulk packed .22 but one person bought all of it, near 400 dollars worth. She seemed rather disgusted by his behavior. Said she suggested he leave some for others. She said he said something like too bad for them, and bought all of it.

I would not mind seeing Walmart start a policy that you cannot buy more than half of any one sku of ammo in one day. At least it gives others a chance. Seems gun owners keep perpetuating the ammo shortage.

BTW they did still have a decent quantity of .40 S&W on the shelves.

The WM in Franklin has imposed a 3 box per SKU limit on ammo. I'm not sure all clerks enforce it as a guy in front of me bought 40 bricks of Federal .22lr. :wave:

Guest Spuds

3/4/09 - Signal Mountain Rd. wallyworld has so much Blazer Brass 9mm, they had to put some of it on another shelf--I'd guess 70-80 boxes. Also plenty of Blazer Brass 40 S&W, but alas, no 45 ACP. No Federal 22lr either. Did see 3 boxes of 45 ACP Win Self Defense ammo, about 39 clams per box if anyone needs some carry rounds.

First time I've been in the place that I haven't carried out about 20-30 boxes. :koolaid: Was wanting fo-fi and .22lr.

Guest SUNTZU

There oughta be a law...

:koolaid:

Guest smithandwesson

I totally understand people stocking up on ammo but, only people that shoot. I know this one dumb ass who never shoots his guns and I bet he has $6000 worth of ammo. I mean what the hell? Why? Why not let somebody whos actualy gunna use it have it? Are you gunna take it to the grave with ya?

I totally understand people stocking up on ammo but, only people that shoot. I know this one dumb ass who never shoots his guns and I bet he has $6000 worth of ammo. I mean what the hell? Why? Why not let somebody whos actualy gunna use it have it? Are you gunna take it to the grave with ya?

Two ways to look at that "to the grave" thing.

If any of us NEED thousands of rounds in the next few years for anything but recreational shooting, we probably WILL "take it to the grave" with us, before Father Time chimes in.

Actually, more accurate to say, those left standing at the time will then "take it to their graves".

- OS

Guest abailey362
3/4/09 - Signal Mountain Rd. wallyworld has so much Blazer Brass 9mm, they had to put some of it on another shelf--I'd guess 70-80 boxes. Also plenty of Blazer Brass 40 S&W, but alas, no 45 ACP. No Federal 22lr either. Did see 3 boxes of 45 ACP Win Self Defense ammo, about 39 clams per box if anyone needs some carry rounds.

First time I've been in the place that I haven't carried out about 20-30 boxes. :popcorn: Was wanting fo-fi and .22lr.

had a meeting in tha atl today and stopped at the dalton WM on the way home and they actually have some 550 boxes of remington .22. i got 2 of em and there were probably 10 or so left if you make it down that way.