Which shotgun to get.....

Guest abailey362

Guest abailey362

Trying to decide on what shotgun to buy. I will mainly use this for 3-gun, but a nice 12 ga is always a plus to have around the house. I am by no means a national contender and am not on the budget of one either.

I've pretty much narrowed it down to a Mossberg 590 9+1 capacity in one flavor or another, but can't seem to find one anywhere. I did see a 500 8+1 today for a decent price, but it just didn't scream take me home.

MSRP on the 590's is $400 - $500 depending on features.

While on my search I fondled a 930 SPX (auto loader) which is 7+1. Debating now between this and the 590 and can't decide if the extra 2 rds outweighs the auto loader.

I also saw a nice 870 in digi camo at hero gear that is gonna be close to the price of a 590....but it sure was nice lookin.

I've always shot pump shotguns and it will take some getting used to the auto, but I know it's faster, but prone to jamming.

sell me on one of these, and if you know ehere to get one that is a plus :tough:

I need some help

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest abailey362

dicks in the noog didn't have any 590's in stock...just a 930 spx. their website won't even let you look at guns...let alone buy one or even check stock.

Guest TheBadLuckCharm

My husband got lucky that day,it was the only one. :-\But I suppose they are in high demand as of now so they go fast maybe you could ask a place when they get new shipments in, he really likes his 590 but he says the recoil is noticeable. I would assume chain sporting places would be cheaper than most gun shops for shotguns.

Guest abailey362

as much as i detest carters I will be checking there too. we were out of town today and i checked every gun shop from huntsville to chattanooga, by way of winchester and the pickins were slim.

recoil amount isn't really a concern as i can wear a blackhawk vest that nearly eliminates any felt recoil

Guest flyfishtn
dicks in the noog didn't have any 590's in stock...just a 930 spx. their website won't even let you look at guns...let alone buy one or even check stock.

The 930 SPX is a heck of a gun if you want an auto. I wanted a pump, just what I have always shot. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Guest abailey362
does anyone know about the going rate for a 930 SPX?

gt has it listed for 599, and dicks has one priced at 599 as well, and has a sale where it would be down to 569....

870 all the way!

GT's can order just about anything you want and get it quickly too.

Did you try Sportsmans warehouse? They have been out of pistols and most ammo since election time but I have not looked at their shotguns.

Rumor has it that sportsmans warehouse was bought by some wealth Canadian company that plans to keep the shelves stocked so in the next few month they should have a lot more selectiong.

I was in sportsman's warehouse today they are out of just about everything still, I haven't seen their ammo shelf stocked since before Obama its real bare unless your shooting Weatherby magnums

Edited by Almond27
spelling error
Guest abailey362

lol...yeah, in shotguns you pretty much have to be looking for a $2000 over under to find any shotguns in stock at sportsmans.

i ended up finding a mossberg 590 with the ghost ring sights on it from gt dist today. it was the only thing i have found anywhere in stock and i think will fit the bill for what I wanted it for. range report to come wednesday hopefully.