TGO ride?

I go wheeling a pretty good bit. Besides my firearms and family its my other main hobby.

I thought it would be cool to see if any other of you guys are into it and had lifted rigs and talk about the possibility of getting a ride together. I could guide a ride in my neck of the woods, or would travel just about anywhere in the state of TN for some good wheeling in new places. Im pretty sure im not the only one here into this, we are in TN after all. So how about it?

7ujyry8y.jpg

8u4emaby.jpg

evyby2us.jpg

I live right in the middle of windrock and grew up riding there and bittercreek, but bittercreek is a no no for anything without a cage. No to mention my trans is busted right now, my idea of a fun trail is probably gonna be to tight and steep. But I keep an eye on this if it ends up in my neck of the woods. This is mine

31x15.50 v treads, 1641 vdub motor on crack with a lot of work, custom chassis, more fun than you can shake a stick at.

2012-03-29_17-06-20_934-1.jpg

100MEDIA95IMAG0261.jpg

wheelie.jpg

Spots ive had rail buggies before and i know how much fun they are lol. Every time id drive it id have an ear to ear smile for a day or two. Good looking jeep glowdotglock. Id be a nice guy and let a jeep go along on the ride :) im a toyota guy through and through when it comes to my off road rigs, so i have to poke at you lol. I plan on doing a SAS to my 4runner in the next year or two. So in the meantime im jealous of your front axle. Next on the list for mine is a manual hub conversion, front bumper, and winch.
  • Like 1

Used to have a Bronco II with V8, tons, atlas, and 43s sold it. Building a 74 Bronco now, but also have a 91 Explorer on 35s. Ride in Tracy City mostly but also go to Golden Mountain, Hale Mountain, Estill Fork/Iron Gap. Want to go to Harlan just haven't made the trip yet. I am a member of the Damn Locals

I ride an atv or Rhino and generally ride in the Windrock, Brimstone, Sundquist,Royal Blue area. Spots what's the big deal with Bitter Creek? I've done most of it with my Rhino nothing sticks out too bad. We go in by the bridge and come out on 328 just inside Harriman city limits.

We usually go in on fire tower and head out to teapee, horses face, the big nasty hills. Ive seen a lot of 4x4's roll out there, just don't.know that Id take a jeep or something in there as steep as it is in some places without a decent cage Edited by Spots

I went to a place on the TN/AL line back 7 or 8 years ago. It was south of Fayetteville off 64. I followed a friend down there when I had my old lifted ranger and wanna go back. It's called Paint Rock Mountain I believe. I don't know if it's still even "open".

Likely the Bear Hollow WMA now.  That's in the Iron Gap/Estill Fork/Paint Rock River Valley area.

• Like 1
David nice jeep, Whats your choice of tires? Couldn't tell from the pic on my phone. Im fixin to get new bfg mt km2's (35's) after the first of the year, to go on my already purchased dick cepek dc2's.

Superman your in my neck of the woods, i wheel up on the mtn there some too. Go in the cove alot as well, one of my favorite places to wheel

Crimsonaudio im giving you fair warning, keep that fj away from me or youll be calling a stolen vehicle report in :) seriously though thats awesome Edited by reed1285

They're Goodyear MT/R Kevlar.

Thats what I have on my Explorer 35x12.50, good tire. They get clogged up in the mud a little to easy, but get them spinning pretty good and they clean out alright.

ETA-Nothing beats a swamper in the mud.

Edited by Superman