Turkey Chokes

Call William Sumtoy 912-237-4360  Sumtoy Custom Chokes.  Let him know what gun you have, what shells you plan on shooting, and what kind of pattern you're looking for.  

Good advise right there. This will give you the best result with the least investment. 

I have a decent stash of Hevi Shot Magblends that shoot very well from my gun/choke, so that's what I am using this year. Next year, or the year after, depending on how long my stash lasts, I am going to switch to the lead longbeard XR's. They are cheaper per shot and I have seen some great long range patterns from them. 

I shot a Mossberg plain ole extra full for years, killed many turkeys. Then went to a relatively cheap "undertaker" which was a bit better. I recently bought a hevi shot tube and took it to the patterning targets. WOW. I think maybe to tight. I like em up close and personal and it leaves little room for error.
My advice if you go with a really tight choke, at least put a red dot or reflex sight on. Don't trust the old point and shoot with a bead method on close birds. I was humbled by a gobbler at 7 steps last season lol. (I can laugh about it now, not then)
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been meaning to get another choke just to try but, keep using my Hastings .640 choke. A lot of chokes will probably work good for you.

I bought a box of Win. Longbeard XR #5 and they shoot great. I've not shot over 40 yards but, judging by how they did, they should be good at 50 or so.

Edited by roverboy

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.