All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. For private property rights, TWRA enters the chat…
  3. This really feels like a very “feel good” bill that moves the needle very little to none at all. At most, hopefully most of the schools that say no won’t announce it publicly like Memphis did because that removes even the last bit of deterrence factor that there might, just maybe be some sort of armed resistance.
  4. Does this mean the teachers that have been carrying all along have to stop?
  5. No, it is not. And its likely to cost me a decent bit of money. I have reached out to the school principal, school superintendent, local police chief, TN POST Commission, Tennessee School Boards Association, and the local School Board already, and so far each has given me the runaround, saying that they are waiting for one of the other groups to make a decision. No one seems willing to take the ball and run with it.
  6. That would actually make more sense. That way nobody could know who may be armed and in the school at any given time.
  7. Today
  8. I will be surprised if more than a several hundred public K-12 school employees, besides armed security employees, in the whole state will be carrying handguns a year from now because this bill is so restrictive. The bill is even more restrictive than the public college employee carry law. The employees will have to get permission from a school principal, school superintendent, and police chief. That is basically a may issue or in most places no issue system right there. There are other unnecessary restrictions even after all these hoops are jumped through and someone is approved and trained. The bill is not a very pro gun bill. The politicians could have just legalized K-12 schools and colleges, like Mississippi, for people with an enhanced carry permit but did not.
  9. Safety Reminder for Buyers and Sellers This is an automatic reply meant to protect you as a buyer and a seller on TGO. Use the Buyer/Seller Feedback feature to research who you are dealing with. Please come back and leave feedback for each other after the transaction is complete. Your experience will help others. Never agree to use an electronic form of payment to buy or sell a gun! None of the electronic payment services will protect you against fraud in a firearms transaction. They all have terms of service FORBIDDING the use of their services to buy/sell guns. DON'T DO IT. Be very wary of anyone who insists on brokering a deal in private or outside of TGO. Scammers almost always prefer to operate out of the public eye. The complete Trading Post Rules and also some more helpful suggestions can be found by clicking this link. Everyone should read them at least once! ~~~ This was an automatic reply ~~~
  10. New never shot HK SL-8. Comes with soft bag and 3 magazines 1x 20 round 2x10 round. **Reduced ** 1250.00 firm
  11. Yup. Not as often as I'd like though. They have a habit of scheduling on days I cant take off, lol
  12. Gotcha, I didn’t know that. Further proof that all the bedwetting about blood in the streets is nonsense.
  13. Thank you. I have been a firearms instructor for longer than Ive been teaching, and have taken multiple classes from the likes of Gabe White, Karl Rehn, James Yeager, Ed Monk, and several others; in addition to competition shooting. I also play OPFOR for a company in Arkansas against SWAT teams and high speed military units. It is my goal to actually be the instructor of such training.
  14. Private schools had already been able to have any firearm policy they wish (The only thing TN likes better than guns is Private Property Rights), provided that armed individuals had a TN ECP.
  15. So the wife nixed stripper tipping. Still for sale or trade. Great for birthday, graduation, or "I'm Sorry".. uh, I mean wedding gifts.
  16. I'd prefer that they have some good firearms training rather than bottom of the barrel safety classes.
  17. I believe I read, somewhere, that the Covenant shooter, wrote in her journal, she passed on other locations because she thought they had too much security. That should tell us something. If this becomes the law of our land, there will be a big expense getting the required mandates of this law. Time consuming and training is not cheap. Thearmededucator, kudos to you. Train yourself well should this come to be the law. Will not be easy. I viewed some of the Ohio required training, in their shoot house, and it is not easy. One really needs a good mindset and be able to make good decisions rapidly. Ohio had several volunteers, and "few" made the whole way and graduated, however that is what the training is for. I have no doubt good people can be trained to do this job. The deterrent effect will be over the top. Even the theater shooter drove past several theaters because they had security and picked his easiest target. If done right it will be successful, IMO. One of my daughters teachers was armed, with the principals and SRO Officer corporation, the whole 8 years my daughters were in our local elementary school. Then the Sate put schools in a gun free statis and Johnie and the principal retired. We enjoyed a new school building which was constructed with 2 main hallways and built in a U shape. The SRO was always in the entrance, office, and cafeteria wing, and Johnie was in the other education wing at all times. They had radio contact. That was an excellent setup. Johnie was a Marine during the Vietnam War and had a good head on him. Our Principal was a non- combat veteran also. They both came back from the war and used the G I bill to become educators. Johnie was also the assistant principal. I never worried about my girls at that school. Rutherford County has had SROs in them for years now. We are one of the lucky counties because of the foresight of a Sherrif who set the program in place and funded it many years ago after Columbine. I have confidence this law can be a big benefit if done right. Edited to add content.
  1. Load more activity

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.