Boomerang gun

A.J. Holst

I acquired a Kimber .380 micro carry about 6 months ago for $500. Buddy was funding a new project, needed some cash and promised to buy it back...

Posted in the trading post, member in Nashville interested, neighbor steps up and has 5 Benjamins.

Phone rings yesterday, "dude, you gotta buy it back, it's bad."

OK, come on over...

Double take

"I sold you this pistol with rosewood grips and 4 grip screws, it appears it have been re equipped with pink grips and 3 grips screws..."

"Like I said, it's bad, give me $400, if I find the grips, give me the other hundred..."

(Find the grips?)

So I think I may keep it. Gonna get some manly grips, shoot the crap out of it and see how it does.

As a new Kimber owner and comparing it to my other go to handguns my initial impressions are positive. Machining appears to be neat and clean, good fit, finish is evenand above average

I think the gun has been fired 24 times, it is lnib.

Equipped with standard non- dot, non- illuminated blackened steel sights which show visible rust spots. Seems odd to cut the corner when the rest of gun so nicely finished including softening all the edges.

It is smaller, thinner and lighter than an MK9; grip length is virtually identical.

Can anyone recommend a lower priced reliable .380 for practice?

Edited by Gotthegoods
2 minutes ago, Raoul said:

...ummm... when it came back with pink grips you shoulda just told him(?) to pound sand. 

My thoughts as well.  I dunno... this whole post has a whole lotta "wwwhaaaaaaaa?!?!!!??" going on.

What did the dude say is wrong with it?  The fact that he picked some terrible grips and has a screw loose?  (Hahaha!  I make joke!)

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, musicman said:

My thoughts as well.  I dunno... this whole post has a whole lotta "wwwhaaaaaaaa?!?!!!??" going on.

What did the dude say is wrong with it?  The fact that he picked some terrible grips and has a screw loose?  (Hahaha!  I make joke!)

Yeah I have never understand how people just lose gun parts. Do you do gunsmithing on your couch or something and the cushions eat them??

• Like 1

Yea, a bit lost here too.

So you get a gun from a friend for $500 he says will buy it back..doesnt so you sell for $500 to a member who borrows $ from a neighbor (?).

Member changes (or loses)his mind, brings it back with pink grips and a missing screw so you give him $400 for it.

If I have this right, I would buy a screw and keep it as is.  First, imagine the humiliation for a crook being stopped or shot by a pink gun, then imagine the possibilities of what you can do with the spare c note.

• Like 2

I

1 hour ago, Omega said:

Yea, a bit lost here too.

So you get a gun from a friend for $500 he says will buy it back..doesnt so you sell for $500 to a member who borrows $ from a neighbor (?).

Member changes (or loses)his mind, brings it back with pink grips and a missing screw so you give him $400 for it.

If I have this right, I would buy a screw and keep it as is.  First, imagine the humiliation for a crook being stopped or shot by a pink gun, then imagine the possibilities of what you can do with the spare c note.

Buy that high priced .380 ammo?

Don't think I'm bad off at $400 even for a gun I wasn't planning on owning.

My neighbor also keeps the economy going through his constant new car upgrade program.. 

1 hour ago, musicman said:

I think he thought it would be a cool Christmas gift to encourage his (younger) girlfriend to get into shooting with him. A blue Tiffany box probably would have served better, but I don't want to cast aspersions on anyone's character or choices...

1 hour ago, Ronald_55 said:

Yeah I have never understand how people just lose gun parts. Do you do gunsmithing on your couch or something and the cushions eat them??

Some folks don't realize that if it's on a gun and has threads, it probably needs loctite. I had a scope fall off once when I was younger and dumber

• Like 1