I feel excluded...

Guest Bronker

Guest Bronker

I'm going to my forum colleagues for some friendly advice. I'm having trouble deciding on a matter and I know you guys will be eager to help.

One doesn't have to peruse very far even through our own forum to find someone, somewhere, who is offended by something.:drama:

In the handgun forum, someone has gotten upset over a signature line that was merely a movie quote, and even by its own context was little more than an endorsement of an armed citizenry. That is something we dang well better all agree upon.

On the news, someone is offended because Obama wore a red tie, or someone feels excluded because there was no Spanish translation on their box of Cheerios.

Or someone brought a Christmas tree to school. Or someone said "Merry Christmas" to a Arab. And heaven forbid the Lord's Prayer should be said at a high school graduation.

Me? I could care less what you and yours do. As long as it poses no threat to me and my family, I don't care if you gather around the Festivus pole, or believe in the Easter Bunny. I don't care if someone refers to me as a redneck, or a hillbilly, or a strickj (well let's not get carried away). I don't care if my neighbors don't bring me cupcakes on my birthday. I don't care if someone tells a joke about a rabbi, the pope, Raquel Welch or a baptist preacher.

You do your thing, and I'll do mine, and we shall co-exist! Just don't tell me what I should be offended about, and don't be a bleeding-heart liberal and be offended on my behalf.:screwy:

BUT...since there is so much political correctness and such an "inclusion principle" in our society...

I've decided that I want to be offended about something, too.

So, help me out.

What can I be offended by?

It's my RIGHT to be included you know...:D

:lol:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bronker
You should be offended that I can't find a darn thing to argue with about on this point!:lol:

I cannot agree with you any more.

No...really I can't.:screwy:

I'm going to my forum colleagues for some friendly advice. I'm having trouble deciding on a matter and I know you guys will be eager to help.

One doesn't have to peruse very far even through our own forum to find someone, somewhere, who is offended by something.:drama:

In the handgun forum, someone has gotten upset over a signature line that was merely a movie quote, and even by its own context was little more than an endorsement of an armed citizenry. That is something we dang well better all agree upon.

On the news, someone is offended because Obama wore a red tie, or someone feels excluded because there was no Spanish translation on their box of Cheerios.

Or someone brought a Christmas tree to school. Or someone said "Merry Christmas" to a Arab. And heaven forbid the Lord's Prayer should be said at a high school graduation.

Me? I could care less what you and yours do. As long as it poses no threat to me and my family, I don't care if you gather around the Festivus pole, or believe in the Easter Bunny. I don't care if someone refers to me as a redneck, or a hillbilly, or a strickj (well let's not get carried away). I don't care if my neighbors don't bring me cupcakes on my birthday. I don't care if someone tells a joke about a rabbi, the pope, Raquel Welch or a baptist preacher.

You do your thing, and I'll do mine, and we shall co-exist! Just don't tell me what I should be offended about, and don't be a bleeding-heart liberal and be offended on my behalf.:screwy:

BUT...since there is so much political correctness and such an "inclusion principle" in our society...

I've decided that I want to be offended about something, too.

So, help me out.

What can I be offended by?

It's my RIGHT to be included you know...:D

:lol:

Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Unknown

BTW, I like your avatar

Edited by bubbiesdad
add
Guest Bronker
Do you have a problem with coons

If he's anti-coon, that's ok.

But my coon dog... I would be a bit closer to being offended.

CJR, you're trying to be offended on my behalf. It's ok...really.:lol:

(BTW thanks for the very kind letter you wrote in your decal order. Much appreciated).

Guest Bronker
I kinda like the coon!

Look how they show up at all the good fights and cheer them on!

ICAM0015.jpg

RW...you have bigger deer and more coons on your farm than I do.

But I'm ok with that. Really.

Guest Bronker
Your coon dog is dumb and your Glock magazines FTF.

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries. If you do not admit being offended I will taunt you a second-a time-a.

Oh...that crim, he's so misguided. I've never even wanted to own a Glock. Now I'm pretty close to being offended...:lol:

But I'd bet they'll be offended that your not offended when they're offended....

I think perhaps maybe not so much mostly probably.

I agree with you, Bronker.

Fact is, in general, people are weak and selfish. Unfortunately, firearms related forums are not immune from people like this.

Most people are firmly set in their beliefs, which is perfectly acceptable, but God forbid someone come forward with a different point of view. They always believe everybody else should conform to their way of thinking. Unfortunately, too many people have given in to their cries, and that only adds fuel to their fire.

Religious folks and/or those with power tend to be the worst.

I agree with you, Bronker.

Fact is, in general, people are weak and selfish. Unfortunately, firearms related forums are not immune from people like this.

Most people are firmly set in their beliefs, which is perfectly acceptable, but God forbid someone come forward with a different point of view. They always believe everybody else should conform to their way of thinking. Unfortunately, too many people have given in to their cries, and that only adds fuel to their fire.

Religious folks and/or those with power tend to be the worst.

Nah, there just easier see and to lump into a category.:) It's human nature to be egocentric no matter what group you identify with... or think you don't identify with.:)