Do you carry a back up gun?

Guest JLowe

Guest bkelm18

Ya gotta pay homage to good ol' Murphy. Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. We all run our carry firearms through the gamut to ensure their reliability (at least we should), but like JLowe said above, its a mechanical device with lots of moving parts that get under extreme stress repeatedly. All it takes it one spring to snap, one little transfer bar to get jammed up, or a simple jam that just can't be cleared on the spot, and you are out of business unless you have a BUG. Some may scoff at it, but having a BUG is a pretty big damn deal when you need it. My :D

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bronker
No, I don’t carry a BUG.

But then... I have driven without a seatbelt, rode my motorcycle without a helmet and on occasion I have been known to run with scissors.

Have you eaten candy to spoil your dinner?

Guest Bronker

All of you guys carrying revolvers and the like as a BUG, in a pocket, are you carrying it loose or in a pocket holster?

I pocket a snubby but in a Desantis Nemesis. Awfully bulky!!

All of you guys carrying revolvers and the like as a BUG, in a pocket, are you carrying it loose or in a pocket holster?

I say NEVER, NEVER, NEVER pocket carry without a holster. And don't put anything else in that pocket.

Guest db99wj

That's why I don't carry it in my pocket as a BUG, I guess I should call mine a secondary gun. I have a IWB holster for it.

I say NEVER, NEVER, NEVER pocket carry without a holster. And don't put anything else in that pocket.

Yep. Also, women, don't ever put your gun in your purse without a holster.

AND BY THE WAY...................................................

Nobody's gonna freakin' comment on the pic of a freakin' kid with a freakin' fork through his freakin' nose ?!?!?!?! :stir::D:):D;)

I bet that hurt a little. I also bet the little fellow won't be running around with a fork anymore either! I got that in an email a week or so ago, showed my kids...told them THIS is why you don't run in the house!

Guest canynracer
Just stand sideways you beanpole. They will miss there you tactical ballerina.:P

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:):bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::clap::clap: :clap:

Edited by canynracer

It's a Cobra just like the one above. I honestly have no idea how the "extractor" works. The cases are always .25 inches out when I open it and they're easy to extract. I have all of 14-20 rounds through it and I know it works well enough to trust it when I need it. I'll take a closer look at it when I go to my truck later.

(re: Cobra 9mm derringer)

Son of a gun...this site does indeed still show the Cobra 9mm. I can't seem to find actual Cobra site, seems to have changed domain names since I bought mine, or something:

http://www.cobraderringers.com/category/96-Cobra_Derringer_Pistols.aspx

(last ones, on bottom)

thanks,

- OS

AND BY THE WAY...................................................

Nobody's gonna freakin' comment on the pic of a freakin' kid with a freakin' fork through his freakin' nose ?!?!?!?! :drama::stare::yuck::puke::death:

Its seems like a painful way to pick your nose :screwy:

OK who was more scared the boy or his mom? What kind of holster do you use for ankle carry and do you buy pants with a longer inseam for this? I checked a Fobus for my G27 and it seemed to ride a little low and might flash at times ( as would a lot of carry positions I guess) but I still feel better with no one knowing except those with me just in case.

An interesting note on the BUG- my wife has finally started routinely carrying her 642 when she walks or jogs with me. She has a warrior mindset and decent skill with her 642.

We live in a high crime area where there are random street crimes, some involving firearms. Now that I am not the only one armed when we are walking, I noticed that I feel safer, too. So it feels like she is my BUG, and I am her BUG when we are walking in the 'hood together.

But at the moment neither of us carry a BUG.

Edited by ZenDog
forgot to answer the op.

I carry a Kel Tec P11 9mm in my right front pocket and another P11 in a Fobus ankle holster. Thirteen rounds in each. Yes, I do usually carry a spare mag also. The Fobus ankle holster is VERY comfortable. I was very surprised at just how comfortable it is.