New Bug in my future...

Guest Brian@GunDepot

Guest Brian@GunDepot

I normally don't carry a backup or even an extra magazine, but Sig's new "copy/ripoff/whatever" version of the Colt Mustang will definitely be in my pocket in a couple weeks.

Sig will be releasing this at the SHOT show this week and available for order immediately. Nitron (blue), Two Tone, and/or SIGlite option on either.

p238as0.jpg

Edited by Brian@GunDepot
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that a .380?

hiss.jpg

*Please make it a 9... please make it a 9,.... please make it a 9...

On a side note... kinda looks like a photoshop... deal.

Edited by sling
Guest Brian@GunDepot

It is a photoshop pic from a PDF file, but I assure you the gun is coming this week.

As for caliber, it is a .380 only. Not sure what Sig's plans are for the 232 when this is out though..(shrug). Price is expected to be in the $400 range depending on which model/sites.

Guest utarch00
Looking foward to this and the ever late Kahr. Any word on price?
It is a photoshop pic from a PDF file, but I assure you the gun is coming this week.

As for caliber, it is a .380 only. Not sure what Sig's plans are for the 232 when this is out though..(shrug). Price is expected to be in the $400 range depending on which model/sites.

Appearantly $400 range.

Guest eyebedam

Well if its the same size or smaller than the LCP I will def get 1 as soon as they are available. If they are much larger I will have to pass & just keep enjoying my

J-Frame.

He is a vendor :shrug:

...AND has talked to a rep @ Sig?

I'm not saying it's impossible that this thing will hit the market, just saying I'm not 100% convinced...

First off, why would it be designated as a P-series pistol? With the ONLY other C&L Sig being the GSRs, why would this Mustang copy be designated as a P-series?

Second, all the buzz across the net has been based around ONE photo. Last time Sig brought a new pistol to the market, the P250, there where heaps of articles, pics, and press about it before it hit the shelves...

Just saying...

hiss.jpg

*Please make it a 9... please make it a 9,.... please make it a 9...

On a side note... kinda looks like a photoshop... deal.

Dude,the .380 IS a 9mm,only shorter!

Cocked and Locked pocket carry? Don't know if I like that.

I'm sure it will be DA or at least DA\SA being a Sigie

Was there anything posted about the weight or size compared to the Kel-tec 380's or the Colt Pony's. I have the or had the Kel-tec but my wife confiscated it and I am looking again for myself, more than likely another Kel-Tec .

I'm sure it will be DA or at least DA\SA being a Sigie
Check the pic again. It has a thumb safety (with no notch in the slide for it to catch, oddly enough) and a 1911-style trigger. I'm not denying that this pistol exists, but something is not quite right...
Dude,the .380 IS a 9mm,only shorter!

Its a .355 bullet yes... but its not a 9mm.

Theres quite difference between some dinky little 90 gr bullet and a 124 - 147 grainer. Not to mention the case holds more powder... the bullet flies faster... penetrates better.

/rant off

Lets not start this into a cal war. :eek:

Guest Brian@GunDepot

:eek::D

Believe it or not, the pistol is 100% real and will be available for order starting Monday through any SIGnificant dealer. All those lucky enough to be in the Orlando area can see it in person starting today at the SHOT show.

I'll post 'non chopped' pics when I have it in my hands... other than that, you'll just have to take my word for it that it exists and will be available for purchase. I'm not one to spread rumors and I don't think Sig would lie to me on the phone about it... :tough:

Guest gcrookston
I normally don't carry a backup or even an extra magazine, but Sig's new "copy/ripoff/whatever" version of the Colt Mustang...

It was an Astra Design and Manufactured by them. The only thing Pony about it was Colt's begging Astra to put Colt's name on it and sell it state-side. Which begs the question: why pay $600.00 more for the Colt name on an Astra gun?

I don't think the Sig will have much in common with this 40 year old design... well, I at least hope not.