Air Force Chief Scientist: F-35, F-22 to Get Artificial Intelligence

Yea, we saw how well that worked in Terminator huh? All they are really doing is putting more computer stuff in our military for the hackers to hack into and use them against us. Hell we can't even keep them out of our most secured systems now and they want to give them a fully armed flying computer that they could turn against us......................:wall:

figured they already had them in place but wasn't sharing the info.  Automated craft could push the boundaries further because there's no pilot to be concerned with during hard maneuvers 

Not going to pretend I even begin to understand what those systems are or how they work, but it says the same manufacturer that makes the f22 oxygen system designed/makes the f35 oxygen system.

How many people are we paying millions of dollars to figure things out?  It looks like there may be an obvious similarity there.

I will not pretend to know anything about stuff such as this but I did read a lot about the F-22 Raptor when it first came on the scene. It was said that the plane was designed to protect itself from missile attack when the pilot could not. If the missile got to close the plane would automatically take control and begin flying the plane and could acually make a G-force turn at such a speed to avoid the missile that the pilot 85% of the time would pass out and the plane would fly itself until the pilot regained control of the aircraft. How true that is I do not know but that is what I read anyway. If that is true that would be a remarkable and I do agree with a limited amount of AI that would protect our plots if it in fact did work. But only if it worked!!!!

1 hour ago, Sam1 said:

bersa, there are systems in some of the planes that do take over if the pilot goes out.  Not sure what scenarios they take over at, but I do know those exist.

Well I did read that about the F-22 Raptor and it said that the Raptor could turn so fast at top speed that it could actually turn almost right back at the missile and shoot it down without pilot being conscious because they blacked out in the turn. I was amazed when I read the article. The Raptor was said to be able to outrun ground launched missiles ground to air but it was wrong. They tested it against a missile that is built and used in Brazil to defend that country and the F-22 Raptor was not able to out run it so it had to turn and actually shoot it down.  The United States has made several attempts to purchase some of them from Brazil but it is my understanding they will not sell them to any country..........Don't know that to be fact but just some things I have read..................:cheers: