Hearing Protection

I've used basic earmuffs since I began shooting.

I also wear glasses.

For all day events, the pressure from the muffs  on the legs of my glasses becomes uncomfortable as it also impacts the nose pressure points as well.

What are the most comfortable earmuffs for glasses?

I've tried in ear solutions and not a fan.

Thanks for your help!

Check out the Peltor Combat Arms earplugs. Model 97079

You can get them on ebay for $50 for a 10 pack. They discontinued these so they’re a great value and really do work great. I no longer use muffs !

As a bonus these are handy to use when running chain saws, lawnmowers etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I bought the gel cups for my Peltor's a couple of months ago after using the standard foam for years....not cheap but was totally worth it. They seal better and are a lot more comfortable, although they can be very cold depending on weather.

They are typically about $50 on Amazon, but have seen them drop to $35-40 a couple of times.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
On 2/3/2018 at 7:52 PM, A.J. Holst said:

I've used basic earmuffs since I began shooting.

I also wear glasses.

For all day events, the pressure from the muffs  on the legs of my glasses becomes uncomfortable as it also impacts the nose pressure points as well.

What are the most comfortable earmuffs for glasses?

I've tried in ear solutions and not a fan.

Thanks for your help!

I don't  think earmuff will help us to full protection while hunting or shooting. I think we need to use a electronic hearing protection while shooting or hunting. Earmuff will block all the sounds that is not good for hunting, we need to hear the sounds of approaching the animal. If we are a shooter then need to conversation with others that is why earmuff is not a good fit.

Please see the following websites and get more information.

https://www.bigearinc.com/products/best-ear-protection-for-shooting

https://www.miamiherald.com/article208523829.html

On 2/3/2018 at 8:20 PM, Hershmeister said:

Check out the Peltor Combat Arms earplugs. Model 97079

You can get them on ebay for $50 for a 10 pack. They discontinued these so they’re a great value and really do work great. I no longer use muffs !

As a bonus these are handy to use when running chain saws, lawnmowers etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peltor settled a lawsuit with the government because those ear plugs did not meet the specifications and are not really that good for shooting. I don’t think that I would use them. 

• Like 1