Survival rifle problems

dralarms

Well I can't say I wasn't told.;) I finally got around to shooting (or attempting to) my Henry Survival Rifle. I got 2 mag through it. That's 17 rounds. 2 failure to fires, 6 failure to feeds 5 failure to eject.:eek:

So I cleaned it, calmly placed it in the box, and sent an email to the email addy on the paperwork.

Would you believe I got a email from the dang president of Henry Rifle? They are issuing a call tag for it and going to fix it.

But the president, Dang.:)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have ordered parts from Henry before and got great service. They even called back once to make sure we were all on the same page.

I bet the rifle comes back a real good shooter.

Curious what ammo and did you try some different ammo?

I have ordered parts from Henry before and got great service. They even called back once to make sure we were all on the same page.

I bet the rifle comes back a real good shooter.

Curious what ammo and did you try some different ammo?

I tried some CCI mini mags. Thought they were good stuff. I included that info on my email to them and they did not offer that my problem could have been caused by ammo. I only use "bulk" 22 when plinking. I was testing this to go into my BOB.

Guest mark_justmark

I was given an AR-7 a few years ago. I know why now. I tried it out but it gave me as much problems as yours. It has been in the closet since.

I didn't get any paper work though. Do you think they would fix mine as well?

Well I can't say I wasn't told.;) I finally got around to shooting (or attempting to) my Henry Survival Rifle. I got 2 mag through it. That's 17 rounds. 2 failure to fires, 6 failure to feeds 5 failure to eject.:D

So I cleaned it, calmly placed it in the box, and sent an email to the email addy on the paperwork.

In the Wally world there in London, they have them for 189.00

I told my wife that I wanted one...I think this friday she's going to go down and get one for me...I've been wanting a .22 plinker to take to the range with her because she has the wicked 10/22 ruger..with all the bells and whistles..(which I STILL need to send to joe to get a paintjob done on it..)

I like the idea of a trunk monkey..a sub2k would be great but this is just a NEAT rifle imho..

The AR7 in all of its' several reincarnations is problematic. If Henry can get it running, that's great! Get a couple spare mags from them at the same time, if you can.

Neat little rifle, very James Bond-y (in fact, I think he used one in one movie to shoot down a helicopter).

Guest mikedwood

Mine eats CCI mini mags like a fat kid eats cake. Bulk pack not so much. For what I plan on using it for that's OK.

The Federal Bulk pack I have the bullets are super wax coated. I can't imagine any semi shooting them. Need to try them in my Old tube fed Sears and Robuck 22. Somehow I bet it doesn't mind.

Since getting mine back from Henry, it has eaten everything. I fired the first 50 or so rounds of CCI mini-mag, then went to Federal & Remington Bulk packs. So far no problems.

I got my rifle knowing it didn't work, but for the price I figured I really didn't have much to loose ($10.00). When I sent Henry an email describing the problem, I even included the fact I bought it used and in a non-working condition. They still fixed it free of charge.

One thing the owners manual says is to not feed it "hyper-velocity" ammo, the gun came with a 1/2 box of this type of ammo.

Also, this is second hand information so take it for what it's worth, if you have a Henry U.S. Survival rifle the AR-7 hi-cap mags will NOT work. Henry apparently changed the mag design somewhat. I got this info from another msg board I'm on, so again, take it for what it's worth.

The AR7 in all of its' several reincarnations is problematic. If Henry can get it running, that's great! Get a couple spare mags from them at the same time, if you can.

Neat little rifle, very James Bond-y (in fact, I think he used one in one movie to shoot down a helicopter).

Yep, "From Russia with Love" and also made an appearance in "Goldfinger" when Tilly tries to assassinate Goldfinger.

275px-Bond_and_Kerim_Bey_in_Istanbul.jpg

Here is Maxwell Smart's AR-7 from the show "Get Smart"

ar7-2.jpg

Edited by Smith

I have shot one and I think we were shooting Rem Gold bulk pack ammo through it.

I would definitely say if it won't run mini mags there are issues. Ammo would not effect the exctraction.

Let us know how the repair goes. I bet it is in tip top shape when you get it back.

Guest Astra900

Henry does have some excellent customer service. I wrote them and email a while back asking about a certain product, and I mentioned that I already owned a Henry lever action 22. The VP answered my question in less than 24, and went on to ask how much I liked the one I already had. One of the most "personal" feeling customer service replies ever.

Henry does seem to be top notch, and the one rifle I have by them is VERY accurate, and smooth as butter.

I just imagine they will fix your problem quickly.

• 2 years later...

My Henry survival rifle gave me fits for a while also. I cleaned it well and shot only copper jacketed ammo for a while and that took care of the problematic feeding til it got "broken in" the safety is not wanting to move properly now though. I spoke with Henry and they told me to send it on back and they will fix it or replace it. I actually got a call from a real live person WOW.

Guest BenderBendingRodriguez

I've been looking at picking up one of these. Great for a survival pack, and can't beat the price with a stick. But how's the accuracy? Is it good enough, say, to shoot minute of squirrel?

I've been looking at picking up one of these. Great for a survival pack, and can't beat the price with a stick. But how's the accuracy? Is it good enough, say, to shoot minute of squirrel?

Minute Of squirrel, dog, cat, possum, groundhog. Lol if you can hit it it will do it's job. :)