bhyeti

Individual competition shooting?

Is it possible for an individual to participate  in groups like IDPA and USPSA without belonging to a gun club?

I know for a fact that at Memphis Sport Shooting Assn non-members are allowed to shoot sanctioned IDPA matches. The entry fee is $2 higher for non-members. I believe its the same for any other type of match there. 

I'm sure other gun clubs have similar rules because the various disciplines want to attract new shooters. There may also be matches at public ranges as well. I know that IDPA matches used to be held at Range USA and the TWRA indoor range in Memphis. 

Contact the group you're interested in for local match locations. 

Every club match I’ve participated in for IDPA or USPSA didn’t require membership to the hosting range to participate in the match.

IDPA requires IDPA membership after shooting three matches, but enforcement is up to the local guys running the match.  

Both Cleveland and Oak Ridge Sportsmen Club have IDPA shoots which are open to individuals without any club affiliation.  ORSA is first Sat of the month.

On 6/25/2019 at 9:29 PM, chances R said:

Both Cleveland and Oak Ridge Sportsmen Club have IDPA shoots which are open to individuals without any club affiliation.  ORSA is first Sat of the month.

The USPSA matches at ORSA are also open to the public[ 3ed Sat of each month]. A short safety meeting before the match begins is done for new to USPSA shooters. If that shooter lets someone on their squad the other squad members are really glad to assist you during the match.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By AKVAT
      Thursday November 15th, 2018 6:00p.m.
      Our new firearms simulator is a new, exciting and fun way to get shooting practice in situations that are not usually available at a live fire range.  We have 11 professional grade laser and recoil enabled firearms for you to choose from for your simulator experience!  If there is someone in your life who is timid or on the fence about firearms, this is a great way to desensitize them and work them toward an eventual positive live fire experience!
      What is a Dueling Tree Simulator Practice Competition Party? It is an informative, fun, safe, inexpensive way to practice shooting and learn the basics of competition. The main intent is to get some practice time in and have fun! 2 people shoot against each other at the same time. One shoots one side, one shoots the other. Whoever pushes the targets to the others' side first wins that round. Then we do new pairs until we come up with an overall winner.

SPACE IS LIMITED SO MAKE SURE YOU RESERVE A SPACE IN ADVANCE by contacting me to make a reservation.

The cost is $15 per person and includes competition, scoring, use of laser enabled firearm, unlimited shots and coaching.

WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CANCEL THE COMPETITION IN CASES OF BAD WEATHER OR EMERGENCY, SO MAKE SURE WE HAVE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION SO WE CAN REACH YOU. Fees are fully refundable, if we have to cancel for some reason.

For more info, visit our website at www.akvat.com  Feel free to PM me with any questions you might have!
      We are located in a comfortable, homey log cabin at 2662 Wears Valley Road, Sevierville, TN 37862.

The Fine Print

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines