M&P 9mm, Full-Size

Guest VolMickey

Guest VolMickey

Just picked up a M&P 9mm, FS, Smith & Wesson. Anyone have experience or suggestions for these? I really like the weight and feel of it. Interested in your experiences and hints. Thanks.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had mine for a few months now and really like it. So far it is the best handgun I have owned to date. It fits me right and the trigger is very good stock. I will eventually get a trigger job just because I'm a tinkerer. I've had a P99, FNP9, G19, XD9 (2 of them), Sig 229 and the M&P is the best all round so far IMO. Great trigger, weight, capacity, size, options/parts, accuracy, safeties, and looks. Just my .02

The M&P is what I think Ive finally settled on for carry. I carry a full size 9 and love it. My only gripe with it is the grip needs texturing...but thats my hand. Got some stippling done and Im quite happy. YMMV.

I think you have to use about a 100 grit on your hands, then it might grip better. :death:

The first and best 9mm I've ever purchased!!!!

Guest VolMickey

Shot the new M&P today, 2 boxes of shells, then disassembled cleaned and stored for next time. Easy all the way through and great fun to shoot. I tried all 3 different backstrap sizes, but like the medium that came installed with it from S&W. I recommend this pistola mucho, mucho.

interested in your experiences

I have owned both the full size and the Compact in .40.

The M&P is an excellent weapon. It has really taken off in the LEO community. I’m glad to see firearms made by an American company being put back into the hands of American cops.

I put hundreds of rounds through the full size I had and never had a malfunction.

and hints.

After the last round fired from the first magazine, you don’t need to drop the slide on the second mag, just slam the second mag in; the slide will drop.

The M&P is an extremely well thought out handgun. Here is a link to a very well thought out trigger job.

http://www.burwellgunsmithing.com/M&Ptriggerjob1.htm

Dan Burwell does fine work from everything I hear. I decided to do the "Do it yourself" work. Since I don't even pretend to be a gunsmith I decided to only do the work on pages 25-40 of the presentation. It was easy to do and only took about 30 minutes. The improvement was noticeable and I am very happy. I shoot the M&P9 Pro and absolutely love it.

Guest superdrew4000
I have an M&P 9C and really like it. The ergonomics are great and it's surprisingly accurate for a 3". The M&P's are my favorites of the polymer pistols. Now I want the .45.

I'm in the opposite boat, I have the full size .45, and I'm saving for the 9mm compact for when I get my carry permit this year.

One of my friends who has shot my M&P .45 asked me if I'd ever consider selling it... No, I told him, maybe other guns, but I think I might take this one to the grave.:tinfoil:

Edited by superdrew4000
Guest Tn.Mitch
I love my m&p .40. The only thing I didn't like was the mag. safety. I have removed it and now love it even more. I am going to purchase the laser grip next. It really looks and feels good.

I got my 40 cal. fs about 3 weeks ago and first put night sights on it,then a couple weeks later,I put Crimson Trace Laser grips on it....you will love it, im 52 years old ,I wear glasses with bi-folds,kinda hard to aim with,.. this makes it much easier to aim with,it has a off switch on the grip,if yo wanna do it the old fasion way...:)Have it on my glock 27 also,but it doesent have a off switch,so when you grip it,it goes on by touch.

Guest VolMickey
Great gun..had mine for about a year....love it. Prefer it to the Glock the 17...probably shot 300 rounds this year....not a jam, misfire or burp!
How's a M&P 9L for 500$

Ditto. That's a good price, mine was a bit more.