East TN April shoot

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jay, would love to have you and your daughter. Hope you can make it!

Thanks for the invite Mark. I made it home for the weekend, so it looks like I'm gonna make it. I just printed out the directions, and wrote down your number. I'll probably head out about noon on Sat with my wife and daughter. We look forward to meeting you all.

Guest c.a.s.

I'm going to stop and get all my stuff tonight, and I'll be heading up tomorrow with Bubbie'sDad.

I think I'll bring the camera, too. Might not, since mom isn't going.

Guest c.a.s.

I have about 4 cans of Tomato Soup, or Tomato sauce. And one can of that drink concentrate stuff that expired two years ago. Three of those tomato cans are pretty small, so they are more for challenge.

Easy Directions from Knoxville:

40 to 81.

81 to exit 56B (Kingsport/I-26).

I-26 North to Exit 0 (Lynn Garden Dr,)

At the bottom of the offramp is a redlight. Take a left.

Take a left at the next light onto Carters Valley West

Go 2.5 miles, cross a bridge. Across from the brick church on the right is Big Elm Rd. Take Big Elm 1/2 mile or so, take the first paved left onto Clicktown Rd.

Go 100 yds on Clicktown Rd, at the 'T' take the left onto gravel.

Go 3/10ths of a mile on the gravel. Look for an old barn lantern hanging from a post. Up the hill is the house. Continuing past the lantern down hill takes you to the range. You can't go too far, unless your vehicle is amphibious.

423-246-6433

Guest Krasis

mark, dont get to post much on here, but it looks like your about 10 minutes away, im just off union/clouds ford. strange coincedence. was just looking at directions for shoot and was shocked to see how close you are. gonna try my best to come meet everyone.

Guest gunslinger707

It wasa great meeting everyone I had a great time ! Thank's to Mark for allowing us to visit and shoot also thank's mark for letting me shoot the M14/M1a really enjoyed that and the carbine.Thank's to Tower climber for making it a special day for two little girl's !!and thank's for letting me shoot the Mauser. Hope to meet everyone again soon!!!!

Guest Gun Geek

Yeah nice to meet you all. Had a blast and so did my little brass hunter. I will put some pics up as soon as I can. I dont think we took to many though.

Absolutely a swell time...loved matching some more real people with online personae.

Many thanks to great and safe hosting from Mark and Sue, Tower, et al. -

Surely did enjoy shooting all the different thundersticks that I haven't gotten to before. Outstanding eats, too!

Must say, standing right behind the contest firing line when 10 various service rifles all start barking at once was AWESOME! I won't forget that.

- OS

Absolutely a swell time...loved matching some more real people with online personae.

Many thanks to great and safe hosting from Mark and Sue, Tower, et al. -

Surely did enjoy shooting all the different thundersticks that I haven't gotten to before. Outstanding eats, too!

Must say, standing right behind the contest firing line when 10 various service rifles all start barking at once was AWESOME! I won't forget that.

- OS

+1 :drama: There were so many people there I'll never remeber you all so if you notice me some where please say hello!

Great day, great time. Good people! Thanks Mark & Sue!

BTW, OS, that bark was AWE-INSPIRING! :D

There's already some pic posted......

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/show-tell/20241-pics-fun-april-shoot.html

Edited by Garufa
Guest Krasis

Yea, i had a great time, even though i didn't get to stay to long, i had a blast. And though im more of a lurker than a poster, it was great to meet you all. And a big thanks to mark for having us over.

It was nice seeing new faces at the shoot and always nice to send rounds down range with familiar faces. I look forward to doing it again next time.

I posted a few pics on the picture thread at

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/show-tell/20241-pics-fun-april-shoot-new-post.html

I really like the service rifle theme to this get together. Nothing beats the thump and accuracy they produce. And "Dangit Mark" I now have a new rifle to feed and care for. Always wanted a Garand and thanks for putting it in my hands. I thank you while my bank account it not going to be happy.

Got to fire a magazine from 70belows Tommy Gun, I can't get over how heavy that thing is. Of course with your drum magazine accounting for about 20 pounds I should not have been suprised.

It was great to meet some new people, I will not mention any names as I surely will forget some people. But it was definitely my pleasure to meet with you all.

Camping Friday night was great fun, for me probably the best part of the outing. We had a lot of fun that night fondling weapony and shooting the breeze. I am still un-recovered from the lack of sleep. Not sure how you 4 a.m. 'ers were holding up yesterday.

Thanks, Sue for putting up with us all and Mark it is always a priviledge to hang out with you.

Wow, guys (and gals), glad you had a good time. Heckuva turnout, must have been more than 30. Hope to see you all again sometime.

I'm leaving the grill down at the range. If anyone happens to be in this neck of the woods and wants to do a little shooting, give us a call and come on by.... Again, great meeting new friends, and always a pleasure seeing the old ones again. Not that you are all that old, Mike....

Guest c.a.s.

Thanks for everything Mark, and Sue too, and it was very nice meeting everybody. The food was good, though there was a distinct lack of our official unofficial snack food--Doritos. Your house is still awesome, Mark.

And thanks for everything you've done for me, Mark. Right now I'm taking care of the carbine, and reading over the manual some more. Mostly, I'm just cleaning off the old grease and replacing it.

Guest pontiac_fiero_g

mark and sue are some of the nicest people i have ever met. i was a complete stranger and they welcomed me into their home, offered me food, and most importantly offered me friendship. sue even made sure i didnt freeze when i decided to get a little drink friday night and took off my pants and ran to her house and laid in their hammock. yes thats me in the pic on the thread somebody linked to. the shoot was great i met so many new friends. i only had a .22 with me but it seems like everybody was trying to get me to try thiers. i shot bubbiesdad sks and 91/30. tower climber's 8mm mauser, garand, lee enfield. 70 belows tommy gun and wow was that thing cool, i felt like al capone, dillinger and clyde all at the same time. oh shoot 9mm keltec pistol and i liked it even though i let the slide bite my thumb. somebody let me shoot an ak but im sorry i forgot whos it is. i camped out friday and mark even came down to help pitch my tent since im new to camping. if im welcome ill definately be back.

the food was awesome, some of the best beans ive ever eaten. and the house is beautiful inside and out. i cant say enough good about mark and sue and elliot they are wonderful people.

Guest pontiac_fiero_g

i forgot to mention that mike .357 nearly scared me to death. when i got there on friday night at about 10pm i pulled off on the side of the road where somebody else had parked their truck and pitched a tent when i got out of my car with my flashlight he came out side and yelled stop or ill shoot so i just stood there with my hands in the air thinking im at the wrong house and im about to be shot.

Guest kattyw71

Thanks to Mark for hosting the event. We had a good time and it was nice to meet everyone. I'd also like to thank towerclimber for letting me shoot the Mauser. I've got a nice bruise on my shoulder from it, but I'd do it all over again. You all were great!