HCP/CCW Badge

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we challenged wally world years ago. So they developed their own policy saying all HCP holders must carry concealed. I have a letter around here somehwhere... but im not looking for it tonight.

Stutter much? :rolleyes:

we challenged wally world years ago. So they developed their own policy saying all HCP holders must carry concealed. I have a letter around here somehwhere... but im not looking for it tonight.

Okay. I knew WalMart did not permit open carry, I was just curious as to what was illegal about their policy.

Nah. I had a HCP badge. :rolleyes: It was a G21SF in a Bianchi Carry Lock holster. As we all know, only cops carry Glocks.

It was the same Walmart that Trevor was "arrested." I was glad no one said anything, since this was about two and a half weeks after I got my HCP.

I have OC at Wm before,several times in fact.Although No one would say anything to me about it though.

You can read Walmart policy here

Oh,GM I really didn't mean to come off sounding like a prick towards you.....it just kinda happened.

I blame my fingers!

They've been drinking tonight!

ETA; I dont OC on purpose,Its just that I dont care if my gun is showing or not,and after having my clothes getting twisted and mangled every time I get in and out of a vehicle,or whatever,I just dont care to check for it

Edited by strickj
Guest bkelm18

They also don't have the right to tell me where to take a dump but I'm pretty sure they'd get a little upset if I dropped a deuce in the middle of the Housewares aisle. It's their business and they can run it how they please...

But OCing by a HCP holder is not going armed for LE purposes and a badge that says Handgun Carry Permit on it is not a badge that identifies the person as a LEO.

thats what I am saying. Heck you could be arrested for walking down the street or for any multitude of things not illegal. The badges clearly state CCW or HCP or something to that effect. Now if it said Officer, or Police there may be a case to be made.

If I open carried, and if I was wearing a hcp badge I really do not think the cop in a WalMart is going to look at me and think "there goes another cop" or "there goes a guy impersonating a cop". They will more than likely laugh at me and think "what a fool"

well it appears Walmart has made a corporate change in policy as of 2008. I was going on the letter we had on TFA from back in the day. I guess I need to bone up more on my information gathering skills. So as of right now you can carry in any safe way you see fit in a wally world.

I guess that takes myexample off the table. But as for badges.... badges... YOU DONT NEED NO STINKIN BADGES!!!!! :grouchy:

THEY DONT LEGALLY HAVE THE RIGHT TO MAKE THAT DETERMINATION... THEY CAN HOWEVER REFUSE SERVICE TO ANYONE... crap cap lock.... so they chose to refuse service to those whome chose to open carry, and they will ask them to leave, if they dont they call the PO PO...

According to the TN AG they do.

TN AG Opinion 07-148

Question 7: Can a property owner regulate the manner in which the holder of a valid handgun carry permit may possess or carry his or her handgun on the owner’s property?

Answer 7: Yes. A property owner has the right to regulate the manner in which the holder of a valid handgun carry permit may possess or carry his or her handgun on the owner’s property. In exercising such right, the property owner may allow a handgun carry permit holder to carry the handgun concealed but not openly, openly but not concealed or in any other manner that the property owner deems appropriate.

Guest Tn.Mitch

No Hand gun carry permits given out where he lives,besides hes a convicted Felon,You know if he could,he would be carring a AR-15 and have a 50 Cal.pistol,strapped to each leg...instead of Gallon sized mace containers to spray in yer face.. :D

No Hand gun carry permits given out where he lives,besides hes a convicted Felon,You know if he could,he would be carring a AR-15 and have a 50 Cal.pistol,strapped to each leg...instead of Gallon sized mace containers to spray in yer face.. :D

I wonder if he's ever accidentally maced himself while reaching for his industrial size hair spray and getting the two mixed up?

Guest JeepMonkey

I'm still waiting for the episode where a bounty hunt goes bad and a gangbanging crack dealer on the run pulls out a 9MM in response to Dog's mace barrels...