HCP/CCW Badge

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bluecanary25
Call me curious, but what, specifically?

Personally: A pissed-off Better-Half!! :D

She KNOWS I carry and still gives me s**t. In public, too! :death:

Back to OP, badges have been beat to death. Ask your friend to look around and see if others sport badges. Only at gunshows do I see anyone with a HCP badge.......... mostly vendors trying to sell them!

Wow what a response, thanks

With remarks like that no wonder the dockets are full of crap that don't need to be there because of personal vendettas.. I guess you'd lock up a security guard too with a state license..

Keep up the good work..

Firstly you're welcome.

Secondly, it is not a personal vendetta really. It's just that I think it's ridiculous to try to pass yourself off as something you are not. Nobody has ever been able to give me a reason for the badge other than "I want people to think it's ok that I have a gun." It IS OK you have a gun if you aren't a criminal!

As far as the guard comment that is ridiculous. A guard earns their badge, some more than others obviously but, they do what is required of them to earn the right to wear a badge and call themselves by their title. You get a carry permit for completing a class and paying some fees. That is all the state says you need to carry your gun. So why wear a badge? Because you want people to believe you are something you are not.

To me at the root of it, that is impersonating an officer. Maybe not going around saying you are the police, but I'd say 99.9% of people that wear those want to be mistaken for cops so they can OC and feel good about it.

As far as your other post about "roughing someone up on a man with a gun call" it sounds to me like you either need more experience dealing with those types of situations or you are just hot headed. I understand the fear and uncertainty of responding to an armed individual, but the average permit holder is probably going to do EXACTLY what you tell them to do without you having to put your 5.11 boots on their neck or popping them with the X26.

That's my lengthy response. I'll add in closing this, disagreements are a big part of this forum. We are free to agree, disagree, and even flat out argue, but the majority always maintain a degree of civility. I hope that most of what you read here doesn't frighten you, because it really shouldn't. I also hope you stay safe every time you clip on that badge and gun.

Guest Archimedes

I like to see all sides to every story....

I suppose I can see how LEOs might be offended by someone wearing but that seems like a selfish, egotistical response.

I also can't stand when someone says "Go out an earn it..."

I've tried and I have a bad eye that cannot be fixed with lenses or surgery.

No military choppers, jets, blue lights, or machine guns for me. :death:

I do have an NYPD t-shirt....hope no one gets ticked about that.

On the other hand, I can only see a badge getting someone in trouble more than getting them out of it.

A guy on another forum said it best:

Carrying a gun is a God given right.

Police have a man given duty.

They need a badge we do not.

Tarzan

~archi

Firstly you're welcome.

Secondly, it is not a personal vendetta really. It's just that I think it's ridiculous to try to pass yourself off as something you are not. Nobody has ever been able to give me a reason for the badge other than "I want people to think it's ok that I have a gun." It IS OK you have a gun if you aren't a criminal!

As far as the guard comment that is ridiculous. A guard earns their badge, some more than others obviously but, they do what is required of them to earn the right to wear a badge and call themselves by their title. You get a carry permit for completing a class and paying some fees. That is all the state says you need to carry your gun. So why wear a badge? Because you want people to believe you are something you are not.

To me at the root of it, that is impersonating an officer. Maybe not going around saying you are the police, but I'd say 99.9% of people that wear those want to be mistaken for cops so they can OC and feel good about it.

As far as your other post about "roughing someone up on a man with a gun call" it sounds to me like you either need more experience dealing with those types of situations or you are just hot headed. I understand the fear and uncertainty of responding to an armed individual, but the average permit holder is probably going to do EXACTLY what you tell them to do without you having to put your 5.11 boots on their neck or popping them with the X26.

That's my lengthy response. I'll add in closing this, disagreements are a big part of this forum. We are free to agree, disagree, and even flat out argue, but the majority always maintain a degree of civility. I hope that most of what you read here doesn't frighten you, because it really shouldn't. I also hope you stay safe every time you clip on that badge and gun.

Your point is well noted. I do understand the point of trying to be someone your not, I know there are plenty out there. That was not my intention to convey that. I do not treat anyone with a HCP with disrespect, I usually let them go on their way because it does take a little more to obtain one than just the average Joe. Maybe I take for granted that everyone with a HCP is a law abiding citizen and wouldn't try to convey that image of being a cop.

I have been an armed security guard, but that has been many years ago. The only thing extra I had to do as an armed guard is 8 more hours of class to tell you what you can and can't do, unless they have changed it so if that is earning it I guess I'll take it. I still got crapped on and is the main reason I left that line of work, but I also met alot of good people that later became police officers, so it's a toss up.

I have 12 years experience as a reserve, but it still counts and just now went through an academy because of a lay-off of my past job of 10 years due to the wonderful economy.. The incident I was referring to was an armed man with a gun call who's wife called and said he was going to kill her. So yes we responded they way we were trained, I was not the only officer there nor was I the first on scene. He was taken down at gun point, proned out and handcuffed, searched and put in a car. That is what I meant by "roughed up" and he didn't even have a gun on him, but did have a HCP. But after we got the whole story, he was released on the scene. Yes he did everything we told him to.. If it's one thing I am not is hotheaded, I'm probably one of the "coolest cucumbers" you could meet, a direct quote from my LT.

I like to see all sides to every story....

I suppose I can see how LEOs might be offended by someone wearing but that seems like a selfish, egotistical response.

I also can't stand when someone says "Go out an earn it..."

I've tried and I have a bad eye that cannot be fixed with lenses or surgery.

~archi

I see your point, but just because someone is not physically able to do something does NOT mean they need a badge to carry a gun. You got your permit, you EARNED that. To me all a HCP badge is is a feel good ego booster.

Maybe I'm narrow minded, but I just hate them and I hate the rhetoric behind them. As far as the NYPD shirt, that is a support shirt. That is 100% completely different.

BS, Punisher, I'm buying a couple hundred of them and making my own Dragonskin body armor. Yeah, I'm crafty. I will then legally change my name to Paladin and go fight the hordes, or whores, doesn't really matter.

BS, Punisher, I'm buying a couple hundred of them and making my own Dragonskin body armor. Yeah, I'm crafty. I will then legally change my name to Paladin and go fight the hordes, or whores, doesn't really matter.

Pshhh. Shows how much you know. Paladins can't wear HCP badge body armor. Paladins can only wear Extreme Shock ammo body armor or lower.

:tough:

Wow so much :tough: over these badges. In response to the original post, no i do not think they should be banned. Like crimsonaudio said, "do we need anymore nanny laws?" and the question is rhetorical and the answer should be a firm NO. Do i feel that they are necessary? Absolutely positively freaking NOT! I do not plan on ever owning one of those badges or ever putting them on. Heck when i do carry, 99% of the poeple around me doesn't even know because i try to make it a habit to be :D about it.

I'm putting mine on my hat. I am also picking up a 5.11 jacket with the tug out panels in the back and front that are going to read HANDGUN CARRY PERMIT. I'll pick up some mini ipod speakers so that I can play the A-Team theme music in any situation where the sheeple a.k.a. civilians (since I'm a handgun carry permit operative) might be in danger from someone opening up a Diet Coke in a suspicious manner. I love it when a plan comes together.

I'm putting mine on my hat. I am also picking up a 5.11 jacket with the tug out panels in the back and front that are going to read HANDGUN CARRY PERMIT. I'll pick up some mini ipod speakers so that I can play the A-Team theme music in any situation where the sheeple a.k.a. civilians (since I'm a handgun carry permit operative) might be in danger from someone opening up a Diet Coke in a suspicious manner. I love it when a plan comes together.

Man that sound freaking sweet!

Well I'm not letting you, Mike, and Mason have all the fun. Sign me up the A-team music was the deal sealer on my end. I get to be Murdock!

Guest bkelm18
Pshhh. Shows how much you know. Paladins can't wear HCP badge body armor. Paladins can only wear Extreme Shock ammo body armor or lower.

:rolleyes:

All I got to say is: gay.gif

I thought I chimmed in on this already...

Wearing a HCP badge and carry your weapon openly is a bad idea. Your asking to get arrested, your food spit in/on, or winding up being same gang bangers initiation. Let the professionals that are legal to wear a badge per the TCA(Tennessee law) wear them. The rest need to be responsible citizens and keep your stuff hidden.

Edited by GLOCKMEISTER