Post pictures of your: 1911

BimmerFreak

It's not as nice as some of yours, but I just bought my first 1911. I haven't even had time to take it to the range yet.

Are the sights on the RIA removeable?

By chance, that's exactly what I bought. The tactical, like this one below, is dovetailed as molonlabetn says.

ria1911a1tacticalwh9.jpg

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest db99wj

Cool. I have already decided that my first 1911 will be a RIA. They have them on Gunbroker for a buy now at $440. This is at Bellshire Guns in Nashville. I will not buy mine from there, I will buy here locally at my range.

Guest canynracer
Cool. I have already decided that my first 1911 will be a RIA. They have them on Gunbroker for a buy now at $440. This is at Bellshire Guns in Nashville. I will not buy mine from there, I will buy here locally at my range.

:hiding: when did you get a range???

Guest db99wj
:squint: when did you get a range???

When you were gone to California getting your mall ninja designation.:taunt:

Meh, the range that I go to, even though it has been awhile. :(

Guest Jason F.

I am sure I have posted it before but here is my only currently remaining 1911. I do have some others in the works but they are all back burner projects right now.

CharlesDaly01.jpgCharlesDaly02.jpg

im thinking real hard about buying one of these :up::drool:

I have had this one for about 4 years and I think is is one of the best 1911's for a carry gun. My hands are big so I made a set of grips that hang down a little more and now it fits like a dream.

• 2 weeks later...
:rofl:

Nice tile......

Nice 1911. I'm likeing the grips too.

Hahaha! Thanks! That's a lovely vinyl laminate in what is now my ex-wife's place. Sad thing is, I actually think it looks better than the real ceramic I have in my new place... :-\

As for the gun, thanks again! Even though it's a lame reason to buy a gun, the grips are what sucked me in. Digital camo Crimson Trace laser grips made just for Kimber. I love it! Great shooter, too (for a 4").

Guest db99wj
Hahaha! Thanks! That's a lovely vinyl laminate in what is now my ex-wife's place. Sad thing is, I actually think it looks better than the real ceramic I have in my new place... :-

As for the gun, thanks again! Even though it's a lame reason to buy a gun, the grips are what sucked me in. Digital camo Crimson Trace laser grips made just for Kimber. I love it! Great shooter, too (for a 4").

I was thinking it was vinyl...I've got that on the short list of crap to do around the house and the kitchen I have to go with vinyl due to poor constuction of the former owner. The did an expansion and where they tied the old slab foundation into the new expansion foundation, they left a hump, so tile will not lay in that area. So I have to go with vinyl.

But anyway, that's not what his thread is about, and again, like the 1911!

Great pictures of fabulous weapons. I've wondered, but never asked about why do some people put something in the trigger guard(a pen, a bullet, a wand or whatever) when they make photos or display their weapons. Is this a custom or what's the purpose of doing this? :rofl:

Guest Verbal Kint
why do some people put something in the trigger guard(a pen, a bullet, a wand or whatever) when they make photos or display their weapons. Is this a custom or what's the purpose of doing this? :rofl:

It simply lifts the firearm up for a better presentation in the photo. It places the subject at a better angle (rather than laying flat) so the viewer can see it.

It also keeps you from having to hover over the firearm, to get a full shot, and casting your shadow over it... while letting you view the "entire" firearm from a distance, and snapping the photo. It's just a photography trick that a lot of people have adopted.

Thanks guys! Yes I looked pretty hard before deciding on the Dan Wesson...even though I did have my heart set on a 10mm...im sure I will still get one of those to go with this one since I loved the way she shot.

Update:

Got to shoot her yesterday at a range in Maryville that sounds like "funnys". Shot a hodge podge mix of ball and hollow point I had acquired from a cop friend of mine(he gave it to me when his department went from HK 45's to Glock .40's). Out of about 170-200rds I only had one failure to feed...which could very possibly have been my fault. This gun shot awesome...way better then I can. I even shot left handed only(my weak-er hand) and with my limpO wrists it still didnt jam. Definitely happy with my choice.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived