Update 2: Custom leather OWB holsters. Small operation, just me and my bench. Officially a TGO Vendor.

ShootrMgavn

New post with minor updates and to include some recent work! Working on some new holster models that I'll post whenever I get the chance to test them out. Happy to build any style/design you may want, but very complex projects will cost more.

Background: I've been around TGO since 2013 I think, but I have recently started seriously producing custom leather holsters and I have just officially become a TGO Vendor. I have a small operation and no plans to do this full time, but I love making sturdy, safe, and well designed holsters and your response has been awesome. I've been very humbled by this community's response and I'm so thankful that several of you fine folks have taken a chance on my work!

Available firearms: I am beginning to establish a small bluegun collection (holster making molds) but I will order any mold that a customer wants with we no extra charge to the customer. Note: Uncommon handguns or handguns that were only produced for a short time may not be possible to find a mold for. Also, my holsters always safely cover the handgun's trigger completely, but I do not typically cover 100% of the trigger guard. I am happy to tweak any design to provide full trigger guard coverage if requested.

Pricing/Lead Time: I am going to bump prices very slightly to approx $60 per order, including shipping. All transactions are handled through PayPal and I my lead time is currently around 3 weeks. I receive payment first, then begin building or ordering the proper mold. 

Please reach out with any questions or comments. Happy to get more involved in our awesome firearms community!

Below are some examples of my recent work for TGOers. Thanks all!

IMG_20200515_121250.jpg

IMG_20200515_121141.jpg

IMG_20200515_121222.jpg

IMG_20200515_121314.jpg

IMG_20200427_101624.jpg

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/22/2020 at 3:42 PM, Durow said:

If you need a holster, for this price and quality of work, it’s a win-win. 

All my transactions with V have been first class. 

Highly recommend!

Thanks so much for the kind words. Hope your holsters treat you and the family well!

4 hours ago, Pickaroon said:

Very nice work!

Thanks!

4 hours ago, peejman said:

Can you post a picture of the back of one of these or without the gun?  I'm curious how much sweat guard you typically have. 

These are the backs. I hand draw each holster each time so there's no exact sweat shield size. I try to design the biggest shield for each gun without making it big enough to interfere with a good firing grip or small enough to get into the trigger guard when holstering. Happy to tweak them upon request. http://imgur.com/a/F0odfi5

12 hours ago, ShootrMgavn said:

These are the backs. I hand draw each holster each time so there's no exact sweat shield size. I try to design the biggest shield for each gun without making it big enough to interfere with a good firing grip or small enough to get into the trigger guard when holstering. Happy to tweak them upon request. http://imgur.com/a/F0odfi5

Excellent, thank you. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bump. Asking $65 per holster shipped and approx 5-6 week lead time (I do not plan to increase prices much in the near future, if at all). Will charge $55 for anyone who has already ordered from me in the past, call it an early supporter discount, haha.

Thanks again for the amazing feedback and for all the interest in my work. I can't thank you all enough!

I'm hoping to create a new post soon with more pics, actual model names, and customization options.

-V

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/2/2020 at 8:10 PM, Durow said:

Hope all is well V. 

Bump for a hell of a holster maker.........

Thanks for the bump, fella! Truth be told, we are moving houses right now so time and workspace have become an issue recently. Fortunately, the affected customers have been very gracious about it and I hope to be back to full swing by the middle of the month! 

-V

Nice looking leather work! I'm wondering what all designs you have available for a full size 1911 with no rail. Anything IWB that spreads the weight out? Most 1911 IWB I see has the snaps right on top of the gun, instead of spread away. What about a paddle holster? 

Are you doing any mag carriers yet? I'd love to eventually pick up a nice matching set of holster and mag carrier. 

Have you looked into doing any belts? 

Really nice looking holsters you've posted. I wish I had the time and patience to do stuff like this. 

LC

Well sadly I have had to refund a handful of orders. It is a very long story but we are unexpectedly living with family and I cannot set up any equipment. It may be a couple months until I am back up and running and I plan to post again when my shop is setup wherever our new place is. Sorry to those who had their orders affected. I'll be back!

-V

Archived