What would you do?

Being pepper sprayed is absolutely physical assualt just like throwing acid on someone's face. (Of course pepper spray causes an intense burning sensation and doesn't have the same capacity to mame as an acid attack).  You just gotta ask yourself if you're willing to go to prison for retaliation. I get tired of these freaks getting the kid gloves but the question is are you willing to collect charges. 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Mseals22 said:

Being pepper sprayed is absolutely physical assualt just like throwing acid on someone's face. (Of course pepper spray causes an intense burning sensation and doesn't have the same capacity to mame as an acid attack).  You just gotta ask yourself if you're willing to go to prison for retaliation. I get tired of these freaks getting the kid gloves but the question is are you willing to collect charges. 🤷‍♂️

Actually, the Capsaicin in the spray is a neurotoxin.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

Actually, the Capsaicin in the spray is a neurotoxin.

Well there you go! I wasn't aware of that. There was an instance of a woman pouring bleach on a man in a subway that I saw a while ago and she was charged with assault. Putting any potentially dangerous substance on someone could earn you a busted nose for sure.

2 hours ago, E4 No More said:

So you don't view being sprayed with pepper spray as being physical?

Sure it is, just depends on the intensity of the effect. That guy seems to be just standing there like it wasnt really bothering him. In that case, no I'm not gonna ground and pound grandma. If I hit her or push her down, it could seriously injure her and i dont want to deal with the consequences of that over a whif of pepper spray. I'll leave that for her future cell mates. 

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, peejman said:

Sure it is, just depends on the intensity of the effect. That guy seems to be just standing there like it wasnt really bothering him. In that case, no I'm not gonna ground and pound grandma. If I hit her or push her down, it could seriously injure her and i dont want to deal with the consequences of that over a whif of pepper spray. I'll leave that for her future cell mates. 

You seem to be focusing on the guy that was sprayed; not you. Tell me what you would do if someone pepper-sprayed YOU without justification. 

I get that you are worried about her age. I get that many of our daddies taught us not to hit either a lady, or a woman. Heck, I was taught not to hit a lady, and I have never hit either unless you count accidents.

As I said before, the police aren't likely to expend much effort investigating this crime - particularly in a large city - unless there are cooperative witnesses and a positive ID of the assailant, so it seems to me that you either effectively walk away, or you assault back. 

Personally, I growing tired of seeing liberals assault people and nothing is done about it.

8 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

Personally, I growing tired of seeing liberals assault people and nothing is done about it.

We all are (well, most of us are). But we can’t lower ourselves to their level.

You could punch her out and then try to justify your actions in court. I won’t.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DaveTN said:

We all are (well, most of us are). But we can’t lower ourselves to their level.

You could punch her out and then try to justify your actions in court. I won’t.

And that is why it will continue to happen all across the country. 

EDIT: To be clear, I don't know what I would do. I wasn't trained to absorb an unjustified assault from anyone. I was trained not to hit a lady, but she isn't a lady. I'm about her age too.

Edited by E4 No More
2 hours ago, E4 No More said:

You seem to be focusing on the guy that was sprayed; not you. Tell me what you would do if someone pepper-sprayed YOU without justification. 

I get that you are worried about her age. I get that many of our daddies taught us not to hit either a lady, or a woman. Heck, I was taught not to hit a lady, and I have never hit either unless you count accidents.

As I said before, the police aren't likely to expend much effort investigating this crime - particularly in a large city - unless there are cooperative witnesses and a positive ID of the assailant, so it seems to me that you either effectively walk away, or you assault back. 

I dont know what I would do, my reaction would depend on a lot of variables, but no I wouldnt beat up grandma if she pepper sprayed me for no reason. Turn the other cheek and all that.  And its not worth jail and lawyers.

If she grabbed me by the hair and started a hockey fight, then it'd be game on. But I'd still probably just try to get away. 

I've only hit a female once. A girl kicked me in the nuts for no reason in high school. I slapped her in the face before I went down. Several people saw. Nothing else happened. 

12 minutes ago, peejman said:

I've only hit a female once. A girl kicked me in the nuts for no reason in high school. I slapped her in the face before I went down. Several people saw. Nothing else happened. 

I've had a rule of engagement with my wife for the past 42 years: She doesn't hit me in the nuts, and I won't hit her anywhere. I've never hit my wife...on purpose.

4 hours ago, E4 No More said:

Another thing to consider is if you have chronic asthma or COPD and getting that crap in your lungs. That may not work out for you too well.

13 hours ago, RED333 said:

My wife as well.

We both smoked most of our life. Getting sprayed just might be life threatening.